Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know approx. what month the 2012 Fishers will be announced/shown? I want a Hifi Pro 29er but I am waiting until I can get 2012 model. I think it is June but maybe it is Sept/Oct. I cannot recall from years past.

·
Trying not to kill myself
391 Posts
Usually you'll get the new model year announcements around Interbike in July. Maybe as late as August. If I recall correctly, it was around October before I saw any 2011s on the floor at an LBS.

Unless they make some significant changes to the bike, I'd wait until the 2012s are announced and try to get your hands on a 2011. You'll save hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am going out on a limb and guessing most of the frames will stay the same. The 26" hardtails will be no more, the Fast City and Dual sport bikes will be consolidated or eliminated as well. The X-cal and Rig will likely get the headtube and bb from the 2011 Paragon. I'm thinking they will unleash an all mountain 29er with a new Fox 150-160mm fork and 140mm rear travel, think bigger and badder Rumblefish.

New paint is almost guaranteed, every year.

·
lurking since 1999
95 Posts
Maybe there is a slim hope of a steel mountain bike disc only, mid level sus fork.
I would be first in line. Always had a soft spot for the classic steel fishers.
Wish I still had mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ssalmons said:
I'm thinking they will unleash an all mountain 29er with a new Fox 150-160mm fork and 140mm rear travel, think bigger and badder Rumblefish.
If true:
The badder Rumblefish would really interest me thinking of getting AM FS bike as my next purchase. Would love to stay with the fisher collection. :thumbsup:

Cif

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
YellaLab said:
Did a little research and noticed in 2010 the announcement of new models came out June 17, 2010. Wonder if this will be the case this year........
Doubtful. Last year the bikes were announced early along with the announcement of the brand consolidation. We'll probably be back to normal now which means Trek World.

·
XXIX
457 Posts
I figured the Hifi would stay around 4" of travel for a trail bike and the Rumblefish will follow the longer travel 29er all mountain trend. Just does not make sense that Trek has two bikes that look exactly the same with only a half inch of travel difference. I would love to buy a new RF a few years from now with 6 inches of travel to go with the RF that I just bought.

·
Trail Ninja
6,297 Posts
Well, the HiFi feels more than an XC bike as it is already. It actually has the same rear travel, 110mm. RF has a longer fork which slacks the HA a bit more and of course the thru axle F and R and DRCV shock. That's the only difference really and it makes quite a difference in ride. I wonder if I can stick a DRCV shock and a longer travel fork on my SF100 and make it into a carbon RF minus the thru-axle rear. :D

When the 2012s come out, you'd probably just buy a closeout 2011 since bike prices seemingly go up each year. Shouldn't be any changes in the SF100 frame itself, I'd imagine, unless they decide to go Syntace or ABP 12x142 (I'd prefer Syntace version) or try something funny with the chainstays.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Drunkindonuts said:
The trek website has changed and so have the bikes. The new Rig has a split frame for belt drive, and looks like a bottom bracket change including press fit.
Wow, looks like they've made some mistakes on the website.......not unusual for them. The picture claiming that the bike has split dropouts is clearly a picture of the sawyer's rear triangle. And then the same "feature tour" that advertises a press-fit bottom bracket also advertises that the frame is made of 6066 aluminum. Both of those happen to apply to the Paragon, and they show a picture of the Paragon.

I highly doubt the Rig just got changed to a 6066 frame with a press fit bb and split dropouts.

Like I said, it's not unusual for them to make mistakes when they redesign the website.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the Paragon is supposed to be 6061, not 6066. That might be another mistake on the site.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.