Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the frame colours currently listed on the pivot US website for the 5.7 is the complete selection?

It looks like Ano Grey has disappeared and there's no stock of 2011 frames in grey in my size left in the UK. It looks like it has been replaced by the cobalt blue colour.

·
Paterfamilias
805 Posts
For 2012 all Mach series of frames will come in Black ano, Cobalt Blue ano, then a painted white option. The smaller frames for Mach 4 and Mach 5.7 will be offered in a softer ladies colors - Mach 5.7 in Pink, and the Mach 4 will come in Black/Hot Pink and Baby Blue.

The Grey has been discontinued.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dan23,
what about the M429? does it come in white as well?
The black and blue have been in the market for the last 2 years already, kind of boring, ever thought of some brighter colors like orange, lime, electric purple, etc?

·
Paterfamilias
805 Posts
Yes, we haven't received our painted sample yet to take photos of. It will be similar to the Mach 5.7 frame. White with Black and Blue decals.
The Mach 429 will come in Black and Blue anodized. This will be the first time it will be offered in anodized blue.
We have tested those other colors, and it's very difficult to get those colors to be consistent across the entire frame.

Since we use machined and forged parts, these accept the anodized colors differently, and we need to find colors that work well across the board, and colors that we can nail 2 months later. Trust me, we want to have cool colors too. I wanted a day glow yellow for the Firebird, and we could then call it the big bird, but PBS and sesame street caught wind of it, and sent us a desist notice...

I think the new laser etch designs on the bikes work well, and personally the new cobalt blue we are hitting looks real good. Maybe one day we will do a limited run on some anodized colors. But for now, we will be Black and Blue ano, with some painted white options.

·
Trying to be helpful
2,550 Posts
I do know that the painted frames have decals that can be removed, however the ano and the carbon frames do not. So on those 2 frame options your stuck, if that's how you chose to look at it, with the graphics.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

·
Paterfamilias
805 Posts
I do know that the painted frames have decals that can be removed, however the ano and the carbon frames do not. So on those 2 frame options your stuck, if that's how you chose to look at it, with the graphics.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
Correction. Only the Firebird and Phoenix will have decals that you can remove and extra sets so you can customize your colors.

The Mach 5.7, Mach 4 and Mach 429 will all be painted white, with decals under clear coat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.