Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POST YOURS!!!
Here is my first 2012, I bought this because the S-works (sram) has been delayed until november :madmax: apparently due to not enough pre-orders. Yet some people in other countries already have them. O well enough ranting

Weight for now is 26.50 lbs with XTR 980 pedals (307g), edge 500/gsc 10 (95g), and a heavy bottle cage (36g)
Mods are tubeless, Rocket Ron Front tire (moved fast trak to rear), ESI Grips, syntace F109 100mm, Ritchey superlogic seatpost, and S-works Chicane saddle

Stock Weight Comparison (no pedals, dork disc or reflectors) -
2011 Comp Carbon 29er (XL) 27.38 lbs
2012 Comp Carbon 29er (XL) 26.31 lbs

I know everyone will be interested in the wheels/tire weights
Front Wheel, Tire, Tube, and Rotor - 1795
Rear Wheel, Tire, Tube, Cassette, dork disc and Rotor - 2376
Front Wheel - 985
Rear Wheel, Cassette and dork disc - 1544
S-works Fast Trak 29x2.0 - 525
Renegade Control 29x1.95? - 550
9mm Skewer - 58

POST YOURS!!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Mine will be here next week,can't barely wait now !! So that's an XL,it looks perfectly balanced, beautiful rig. I would have waited for an Sworks anyway. No Expert available either ??
I'll add a pic as soon as possible :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
All I see on these forums is the comp carb. Is that the only one released? I ordered a regular epic comp 2012 and want to know if anyone has taken shipment yet?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words. In regards to the color it is awesome, it's more of a neon red. I guess the picture darkens it.

I noticed their is now 2 layers of tape on the seat tube where the brain hose could potentially rub, I took a picture and will upload it later.

Mine will be here next week,can't barely wait now !! So that's an XL,it looks perfectly balanced, beautiful rig. I would have waited for an Sworks anyway. No Expert available either ??
I'll add a pic as soon as possible :thumbsup:
I am still waiting for the S-Works, but I needed something to fill the gap especially because it will be very cold in 2 months. The Expert wasn't available in XL.

All I see on these forums is the comp carb. Is that the only one released? I ordered a regular epic comp 2012 and want to know if anyone has taken shipment yet?
Comp, Comp Carbon and Expert are out. S-works are out in some countries, someone sent me a picture of one in Italy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know the average time Ill wait from ordering to getting my Comp? does specialized have them in stock ? is it just a matter of fulfilling the order?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know the average time Ill wait from ordering to getting my Comp? does specialized have them in stock ? is it just a matter of fulfilling the order?
I know there were 4 XL comps left a week ago, call your dealer and find out if your size is available. If it is it's a matter of how long it takes to ship, took 5 days to NY for mine.

The brakes have taken a big step forward this year on the comp. Now you can adjust them so the brakes grab as soon as you pull the lever the slightest bit, this is especially nice for the rear. It makes them feel a lot more responsive.

I did have one instance of chain suck on the first ride. I am growing to hate the 24/38 X7 rings, I don't think I will change them on this bike (unless I go 1x10) but I certainly will on the next one.

Here is the pic

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anybody seen their 2012 s works epic frame/fork sets yet?I have a red/carbon/white med ordered.... Last ETA i was told is October.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anybody seen their 2012 s works epic frame/fork sets yet?I have a red/carbon/white med ordered.... Last ETA i was told is October.
I haven't seen that color combo yet but the comp carbon looks pretty similar except the red will be darker. I have seen a picture of a 2012 Black/Red/Carbon.

When did you order it? When were you given that ETA?
I was told late September (when I ordered at the end of August) but now am being told they early November.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered it 8/6/11 and i was told October for ETA.The guys on my team got their 2012 experts about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That color is awesome! Specialized did a great job with the schemes this year, with the exception of not making the Black/Red S-works 29er available in the states.

Ordered my '11 S-Works Epic 29er frameset in July of 2010 and it didn't show up until January of '11.
Framesets always come out after complete bikes, also isn't yours one of the yellows ones? That takes even longer than the standard color complete bikes, as i'm sure you know ;)

1 - 20 of 302 Posts