Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. the plan was to sell the DHR and Fox 40 for other reasons and then build up a mini dh/ park bike to play around with and do the local race series. The 40 has sold but the DHR is hanging around. I guess asking $1600 for the frame ifs just too much. I don't want to lose that much cash if I can.
I wanted to get a Transition TR250 fit my dh/play bike but that may not happen. is it a bad idea to put a Fox 36 180 on the front of my DHR? 20mm less travel and 6mm difference in a2c. Will there be a notice difference in ride? I've only seen 1 picture of this done but no ride reports. Also, would a Cane Creek Double Barrel Air be a good idea? I don't know too much about suspension design and how they work with an air shock
I would rather sell the frame than bastardize the DHR like this but this may be my only option.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Can't speak for experience but a friend of mine plays around with different forks (Fox 36 180 off-season and Fox 40 during summer months) on his V10c. I noticed that he tends to ride more playfully with the 36 but he's also noticeably slower on the gnar. I suppose you'll get a similar experience with the switch. It won't be the same as a TR250 for sure (that bike is a bit steeper and shorter) but if you're going to do races, maybe it's good to have a longer, more stable bike (depends on the track too, I suppose).

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,335 Posts
I've seen a rider at Highland with a 180 36 on his DHR and he said he loved the setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts