Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to the Canfield brand in general, but I'm really liking what I see and hear. I am officially starting to gear up for my next purchase this coming spring (either a One or Jedi). I was wondering if you veterans to the brand knew if the Canfield Brothers adhere to the yearly release system, or just release models whenever they get them dialed, a la Santa Cruz. Knowing around when they release new models might help me decide if I ought to wait or just get whatever is available.

·
Master of the Obvious
497 Posts
From what I've seen there is no timeline for new releases, they only release a new model, when the design is perfect. It took almost 2 years for us to see a nimble 9 (a hardtail! ) by not adhering to a yearly release schedule we probably getter better made and designed frames as there are no artificial timelines...... But then again I could wrong as I do not know anyone in the Canfield clan.....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks very much guys. I completely agree with the 'release it when it's ready' mentality. It's what separates good bikes from great bikes.

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
any word on the 2012 stuff yet?
Wonder what kind of changes they would make for the One.
Lighter, Steeper, Shorter CS, Shorter WB, Higher BB????????? Oh the possibilities.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Can't say from the way I ride I'd change much that a angleset cant do.
It would be nice to start at 65 ha, 13.8 bb and then angleset down but for me its slack right off the get go so no need. Bb would be a gold thing to raise a smidge but overall performance would be hard to beat, it rips.

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Alright just got read on here somewhere they are taking pre-orders for 2012's that are supposedly be coming out in the spring.

Does anyone know if they made any changes to the One or Jedi? Would like to know and see if there were changes made to the One for 2012. If it's changes that I would perfer then I would like to get my pre-order in.

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
2012 Jedi's will be shipping in Feb ! Chris has been at the factory through out the entire production run to ensure quality. They stuff looks killer ! The 2 main frame colors are either stealth black anodized or Silver.

Link colors are Black, blue, red, white, and kawi green !
Sounds pimp! Any pics from the factory?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.