Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EvilRider
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Bandit with an RP23 HV can with small air volume spacer ( I have also run the mid size). Who has had theirs PUSH ed and what we're the reasons and how was the outcome ? This shock has such a small sweet spot with air pressure and or spacer configuration it's ridiculous. I can get it perfect probably 40% of the time and when it's not I hate the "feel". I ve had two other bikes pushed and was happy. Neither one had an XV can or were falling rate suspension designs or 29ers. Soooo I am looking for some specific feedback and input. For the time being I am ruling out the purchase of CCDB cs or fox float X...Which would probably need to be pushed anyways. I've already worked with Transition and they were great and agreed I've gotten as much out of this factory tune as I'm going to . Thanks in advance ..... Jim

·
rider
2,356 Posts
I have a 2011 Monarch + rear shock on my '12 Bandit 29. I bought the shock built and tuned tuned directly from PUSH in early '12. Great shock, and from what I have been hearing the latest production version is even better.

If you are interested in going that route I'd suggest contacting Transition and see what version of tune Monarch + would be the best for your weight & riding style.

·
EvilRider
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and post up details man ! I really appreciate that
Jim
QUOTE=29erchico;11186694]I have a 2011 Monarch + rear shock on my '12 Bandit 29. I bought the shock built and tuned tuned directly from PUSH in early '12. Great shock, and from what I have been hearing the latest production version is even better.

If you are interested in going that route I'd suggest contacting Transition and see what version of tune Monarch + would be the best for your weight & riding style.[/QUOTE]

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
JimmyD, if you stay with the RP23 and you need a rebuild, send it to push...you will notice a difference and it's worth the coin. I did it on my Nomad with a coil dhx5 and it was way more in tune with my style of riding. I haven't felt the need to do it on my RP23 and I've seem to found the sweet spot for me using slightly less air than recommended for my weight range. PUSH will make the pro-pedal way more useful and just give the shock a way more custom feel. I believe from talking with Transition in the past that a few of the guys at PUSH were very knowledgeable about the bandit29er/rp23 combo. As the other poster mentioned, calling Transition about it is a great idea and they are more than happy to help answer any questions. Hit up Chris P. as he's dialed in on the bandit's suspension setups. Good luck!

·
EvilRider
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimmyD, if you stay with the RP23 and you need a rebuild, send it to push...you will notice a difference and it's worth the coin. I did it on my Nomad with a coil dhx5 and it was way more in tune with my style of riding. I haven't felt the need to do it on my RP23 and I've seem to found the sweet spot for me using slightly less air than recommended for my weight range. PUSH will make the pro-pedal way more useful and just give the shock a way more custom feel. I believe from talking with Transition in the past that a few of the guys at PUSH were very knowledgeable about the bandit29er/rp23 combo. As the other poster mentioned, calling Transition about it is a great idea and they are more than happy to help answer any questions. Hit up Chris P. as he's dialed in on the bandit's suspension setups. Good luck!
Thanks for the info Lowball. That is probably the route I'll go as $200 is a small investment. I'll post up afyer with feedback in case anyone else is wondering. I'd like to go with the big hit kit as well cause on the rare occasion that it truly bottoms out .... it friggin hurts the old ankles !

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have a 12 B29 and I'm sending it to Push- mine broke, the switch does nothing anymore, so I figure I'll get a custom tune with the rebuild. Sending my fork also with the idea that a tuned/rebuilt Float is cheaper than a Pike!

·
EvilRider
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 12 B29 and I'm sending it to Push- mine broke, the switch does nothing anymore, so I figure I'll get a custom tune with the rebuild. Sending my fork also with the idea that a tuned/rebuilt Float is cheaper than a Pike!
Hey Jared. It's gonna be about a month before I send mine in due to $$$. Post up after you get yours back and a few rides under ypu. I'm pretty happy with the fork performance but could be swayed to do that as well after hearing about it ! Thanks man

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
I had my RP23 PUSH'd on my 2012 B29er. I was the second owner of this frame. I had just had them PUSH the RP23 on my 2012 Butcher and it was a huge improvement. The RP23 on my B29er had no issues but I had hoped that the same kind of performance gains I got on the other shock would be incredible on this bike's shock.

I got it back and can't really say that it rode significantly better. It needed new seals, etc so the maintenance was in order. I'm sure it was some kind of incremental gain, just not the massive one like I got on the previously PUSH'd shock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.