Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock Monarch+ RC3 on my 2013 Slayer.

Is there anything that can be done to the 2012-2013 model year of the shock to increase the rebound range? To make it more like the latest version with twice the rebound range?

Or is the only option buying a new shock?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm not sure if it's possible or not. However, is your issue that you run your shock from full open to full closed rebound depending on the trail and need more range? Or is it that you're fully open/fully closed and need a little more to make it perfect? Assuming the latter is the case, it would be easier and cheaper for you to just buy a new piston assembly with a different tune. Or if you're feeling adventurous, you can modify your existing shim stack.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the later. I have to run the rebound full slow so it matches my lyric dh when its rebound is set to 2 clicks from full fast. Otherwise I get bucked by the rear on jumps. With all of the other suspension companies I've used, I generally run the rebound pretty fast (eg. 2 to 3 clicks from full fast) front and rear. I've never run into this much of a mismatch.

I figured changing the shim stack would be the way to go, but I need a listing of shim sizes and order that would get me close to where I want to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts