Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...is still one gear
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - bought myself a band new closeout Rock Shox SID RLT 29" 120mm. It was clearly noted as Solo Air on the box and there is also a Solo Air sticker on the back of the fork lowers. Interestingly, the date on the box is August 2012. This threw me a bit because I thought Solo air was released in 2013. Anyway, I took it apart to reduce the travel down to 100mm and noticed that there is an air valve located in the bottom of the air shaft - see photo!
solo air_3.jpg
solo air_5.jpg solo air_4.jpg

In the rock shox part list under SIDB 80-120mm:
http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/_.../files/techdocs/2014_rockshox_spc_rev_a_0.pdf

solo air.jpg
solo air_2.jpg
...two air shafts are shown, position 32 which is dual air assembly and 33 which is solo air assembly. The dual air version clearly has a negative valve (40) whereas the solo air version doesn't. THat said my air shaft looks like 33 and not 32. Note that my air shaft is mounted to the fork lowers with a bolt and not a dual air nut, so you can't access the internal valve without removing the bolt.

I am stumped - can anyone help me here - do I have a dual air or solo air fork?
Thanks Anthony

·
Class Clown
3,124 Posts
Yeah that's how it is solo air has the release valve for the negative chamber but is only filled through the top and the pressure is automatically equalized between pos/neg.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi there, noticed the same thing and when I was changing my travel i accidentally released the air from the solo air shaft with that valve. Does this automatically get refilled from the top when you fill the air up with a shock pump from the top or do I need to refill from the bottom?

·
Super Moderator
6,780 Posts
The first Solo Air SID was actually released in late, 2012.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, noticed the same thing and when I was changing my travel i accidentally released the air from the solo air shaft with that valve. Does this automatically get refilled from the top when you fill the air up with a shock pump from the top or do I need to refill from the bottom?

Hello, do you have answers to your question? the same thing happened to me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts