Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone advise me on what it is? Looking at getting one however atm i'm 265lbs. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did.. Funny how contradicting information can be. The shop tech guy called me back and said the WL with carbon rear tri is 300lbs+. In which most of what i was reading stated 250lbs. Thats why I wanted to pick MTBR members brain..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Perhaps an Yeti ASR7 would suit you better. I think they are overall a tougher frame. A Fox 36 fork would support your weight better also. They are also known to suit taller riders better too (if you are tall by chance).

From my experiences with 2011 575's, the frame's lower main pivot area are not the strongest. That said, I'm not so sure that they are 'Clydesdale' proof.

A pic from a google pic search:
https://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/a...railleur-yeti-asr-7-2x10-sram-x-0-asr-078.jpg

·
Long live the ASR-7
270 Posts
I'm a bigger guy too at 6'3" and as much as 245lbs geared up. I rode a '08 575 for a while and I could tell it wasn't stout enough for me. I made it work and ran a Fox 36 fork and a 12mm to 10mm stepdown axle in the rear. It made it more solid and I never broke anything. The newer 575s have the chip system rear axle and tapered head tubes.

I made the move to an ASR-7 a year ago and couldn't be happier. It's an amazing bike and fits my body type and riding style a lot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts