Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
That is just like an Altitude on steroids, a nice weight at 29.2 pounds w/o pedals. Nifty anti-chain suck/drop device on the ISCG tabs. Interesting that it has a 36 TALAS. It doesn't look like a 66.5 deg HA in that side shot, but it has the Straight Up geometry. It looks like some sort of ballistic nylon cable wrap on the brake and rear shift cable where it passes under the BB, and a full length rear derailleur housing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bike is pimp, but I feel they changed the design to much to mimic the Altitude! I was hoping for something completely different. The slayer is what really can put RM on the MAP.. I dunno though if it can bomb DH better then the SXC and climb like the Altitude I'll seriously consider selling my frame. Only time will tell, I'm exciting to read the reviews..

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's niiice. Good weight too for a bike like that.

I like the way it looks, really clean.

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
It also has a bolt thru axle on the DT rear hub, that will help stiffen up the swingarm.

All the shift cables appear to be full length, and that must mean there's a cable stop for the front derailleur on the swingarm.

Some nifty details...

·
Registered
516 Posts
PRICE TAG PLEASE!!! Probably just leaving the the Flatline.. Makes sense I guess... I mean honestly how many people were buying them anyway? I'd say not to many.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I knew they were going to change the frame right when I got a SXC. I like that the weight came down. But the bike looks like it lost some character, but I might just be trying to make myself feel better about my bike.
I hope that it is a good riding bike and they sell a lot of them. I don't see a lot of Rockys here in the SF Bay Area and would like to see more on the trails.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Its a 2011 model... no sooner than mid-summer for REALLY large volume rocky dealers, and then only 1 or 2 per dealer. Same as any other new model introduced at Sea Otter. Hell they probably haven't even delivered all of the ordered 2010 Slayers to dealers yet this year. As to price... more than the existing slayer.

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
The 2009 SXC 70 retailed for $3999CDN, but now that the CDN dollar is above par with the US, that price will likely have to go up anyway, same thing that happened last time the US dollar dropped against the Loonie. This is quite a jump in frame technology and details.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
I question the weight... Wade Simmon's personal Altitude is in the new MBA and its 29 pounds and change.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts