Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original due date for the SF Elite HT's to the Trek dealer I go to was mid October...then it was pushed back to mid November...then it was pushed back to mid December. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that they must have had problems with early production runs of those frames and so they've been re-tooling or re-working something on the frames. Anyone else waiting on one? Has anyone actually gotten one yet (besides the few the team have been riding)??

-r

·
Plastic homer
592 Posts
Don"t know, but i would hazard a guess the frame is not the issue this time - several of the "non-elites" are in riders' hands now, and I believe the frame is the same.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moval49er said:
Don"t know, but i would hazard a guess the frame is not the issue this time - several of the "non-elites" are in riders' hands now, and I believe the frame is the same.
Wow...so Superfly Hard Tails have shipped already???? Who's got them?

-r

·
Plastic homer
592 Posts
Don't know about HTs - the SF100s not speced as Elite are in the shops now. I rode my 2010 SF100 with two of them last week.

Sorry - misread your post!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...the SF100s are shipping....got friends riding them already....that's a given. It is specifically the Hard Tails that I am asking about. I was hoping someone (maybe even someone with insider info from Trek) on this board would have some insight as to why the SF HARD TAILS have not shipped yet.

-r

·
Registered
2 Posts
Superfly 100 Elite

I've had my SF100 Elite for about a month now and lovin it. Superfly hardtail elite looks like March.

·
Registered
35 Posts
graggb said:
I've had my SF100 Elite for about a month now and lovin it. Superfly hardtail elite looks like March.
March! I don't think so.I was promised mine the latest end of December,and that is in Europe.I get a refund of my front payment until the 15th of January.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hopefully you will get the superfly that early. I work at a local trek bike store. We are hearing from rep., early next year. I did get mine earlier than expected. Maybe you will to.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I test rode the hardtail last weekend and I was very disappointed. The bike was light, but not enough lighter than a Paragon to justify the extra cost. My favorite thing about the bike was the new handlebar and stem, they're black and the graphics are barely visible, very cool!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
graggb said:
Hopefully you will get the superfly that early. I work at a local trek bike store. We are hearing from rep., early next year. I did get mine earlier than expected. Maybe you will to.
You already got a SF Hard Tail Elite? My local Trek dealer said a 15" was available to him last week but I am waiting on a 19"...the due date is end of the month now....you seeing the same on Dexter? What size SF HT Elite did you get? Post photos!

-r

·
Registered
2 Posts
problems with headtube

I've had 23" size frame on order since july. what my dealer told me last week was that, for at least the 23" bikes, since they've never done that size before, they are having trouble with the strength and integrity of the head-tube, and they are going back and re-engineering that section to make it strong enough for the 23" bikes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bazz6666 said:
March! I don't think so.I was promised mine the latest end of December,and that is in Europe.I get a refund of my front payment until the 15th of January.
Just received a phone call today that my 17.5" superfly elite had arrived!
To be honest i was not expecting it so soon,from what I had been hearing about estimated arrival dates.Especially in Europe(Greece)
I will keep you posted for my impressions.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bazz6666 said:
Just received a phone call today that my 17.5" superfly elite had arrived!
To be honest i was not expecting it so soon,from what I had been hearing about estimated arrival dates.Especially in Europe(Greece)
I will keep you posted for my impressions.
That is great news. I got notice today that mine should be here on Friday. Hopefully I'll have it on the trail on Sunday!

·
Registered
35 Posts
superfly

oclvframe said:
That is great news. I got notice today that mine should be here on Friday. Hopefully I'll have it on the trail on Sunday!
Indeed!Great news
My self Friday I'll hit the mountain.
I hope you enjoy yours.Let me know what do you think.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bazz6666 said:
Indeed!Great news
My self Friday I'll hit the mountain.
I hope you enjoy yours.Let me know what do you think.
Is this your first SF? I already have an '09 HT and a '10 100 so I already know how friggen awesome these bikes are. At first I was not real keen on the new colors but after seeing the new 100s in the matte paint, and seeing how they re-worked the head-tube to be e2, corrected the angles for the 100mm fork, and added the bb90...I got excited and decided to get a new HT.

...be sure to post photos of yours as soon as you have it!

-r

·
Registered
35 Posts
superfly

oclvframe said:
Is this your first SF? I already have an '09 HT and a '10 100 so I already know how friggen awesome these bikes are. At first I was not real keen on the new colors but after seeing the new 100s in the matte paint, and seeing how they re-worked the head-tube to be e2, corrected the angles for the 100mm fork, and added the bb90...I got excited and decided to get a new HT.

...be sure to post photos of yours as soon as you have it!

-r
Yes It is my first one.Actually this is my first 29er! overall
I think the new colors are no match to uncle Garrys graphics,but final on that, after I see the new one.
The corrections and upgrades you say above had solved older issues and for sure we are talking about a better bike.
You had me thinking though,after having the fs now you are going for the hardtail?Could you tell me more about this decision.
Photos Friday first thing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bazz6666 said:
Yes It is my first one.Actually this is my first 29er! overall

You had me thinking though,after having the fs now you are going for the hardtail?Could you tell me more about this decision.
Photos Friday first thing.
I already have both...just looking to upgrade the HT.

See...it's like this: I hate having to pick one or the other...so that's why I own both. that way I can ride whichever strikes my fancy at the moment. :D

-r

1 - 20 of 69 Posts