Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my current mtn bike with either the Stumpy Expert or Scott Scale Pro 29er. Is the Stumpy's wheelset tubeless ready? The tires that come on the bike are their own brand TubeBliss Ready tires.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just converted my Expert 29. I would have done it when I bought the bike had I realized how easy it is. Get some Stan's and some valves and you're ready to go.

Oh, and I love the bike. But I'm kind of a noob and coming form a crap bike, so I'd probably love anything with real suspension and disc brakes.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Actually, the bike should come with valves. You pretty much install the valves, add some sealant, pump them up, and then move them around to spread the sealant.

Mine took 2 attempts. After the first attempt they slowly lost air. I then added some more sealant and pumped them up to 65 psi and rode the bike around a bit. I think pumping them up to 65 psi was the key -- it seemed to help the beads seat more securely. This was in accordance with the Specialized instructions.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.