Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, i built this bike for a customer friend of mine and i just had to show it off! This is my Turner Of The Year nomination and it's only February!

Pushed Revelation World Cup with tapered carbon crown/steerer
20mm thru axle lower leg assembly
CCDB with 500lb Ti spring
XX drivetrain and brakes
26/39 rings, 11/36 cassette
Reverb post
Easton Havoc bar 750mm
Easton Haven stem 70mm
I9 am wheelset with Notubes Flow rims
Maxxis UST tires, High Roller front /Igniter rear
28.5 lbs

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks pretty awesome

And somewhat similar to mine. I have the gray frame and white trim. But your buddy has some pretty blingy components on that bike. I'm considering doing white rims to go with my saddle and stem. Its good to see what it will look like if I do.

I've also been lusting after the Sram XX crankset. But that seems like I'd be spending just too much money. I just ordered a set of new Hope Tech M4/X2 brakes for the spot, but they're not on yet.

That is a seriously nice build!

Derek

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
White saddles always amaze me. Because they're only white once.

Looks like a sick ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
white saddles can actually stay white

Mine still looks pretty decent. Not perfect white like when new, but good enough. In this photo the saddle is at least 2 months old and has been on several rides.

kidwoo said:
White saddles always amaze me. Because they're only white once.

Looks like a sick ride.

·
My cup runneth over
2,424 Posts
Very nice build. Not sure I get the pushed Rev WC though. I don't know that much about the fork but if it's a world cup version does that make a weight-weenie fork? In my (questionable) experience the weaker forks (Vanilla 32 for me) are a poor match to the superbly supple rear (currently on a coil Lyrik). Love the DB on the back though.

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
rmac said:
Very nice build. Not sure I get the pushed Rev WC though. I don't know that much about the fork but if it's a world cup version does that make a weight-weenie fork? In my (questionable) experience the weaker forks (Vanilla 32 for me) are a poor match to the superbly supple rear (currently on a coil Lyrik). Love the DB on the back though.
The Rev is for real. It may looks small due to the 32mm legs, but ride one and you will become a believer.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
dealy663 said:
Can you still fit a water bottle on to the frame with the CCDB? It looks like its probably a large frame correct?

Derek
Yes, it is a Large and we did not try to fit a water bottle, but looks like it would fit to me.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Chris9702l said:
What headeset is that? My big question is - is that a spacer between the headset and top of the crown?

Chris
The spacer comes with the Carbon crown/steer so the head set race has something to rest against other than carbon.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
1soulrider said:
The Rev is for real. It may looks small due to the 32mm legs, but ride one and you will become a believer.
its a nice fork for sure, i have one on my sovereign. but it can't hold a candle to my lyrik dh. thinking of having it pushed soon to close the gap a little between the two.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
dealy663 said:
Mine still looks pretty decent. Not perfect white like when new, but good enough. In this photo the saddle is at least 2 months old and has been on several rides.
Nice job. Seriously.

Most of the guys I know with white saddles look like they've had a shart problem after half a season.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
unclekittykiller said:
its a nice fork for sure, i have one on my sovereign. but it can't hold a candle to my lyrik dh. thinking of having it pushed soon to close the gap a little between the two.
The Rev is a great choice for a 5Spot. It is a very good combination of light weight and suspension performance. There is a no doubt that a 170mm Lyric DH is a great choice for a 160mm to 180mm bike, but doesn't fit the ultra light build of this bike.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As Scott mentioned the carbon crown has the alloy headset race seat permenantly installed. It doesn't make the fork any taller, it's built into the crown.

The headset is all that's available for this frame at the moment. Cane Creek will be rebadging them as a complete unit, but this one showed up as a XXII lower and a ZS upper.

It should be noted that the CCDB shock barely fits. This frame is a large, the spring seat pretty much touches the seat tube gusset, and i fashoned a 1mm spacer inside the spring seat, under the bottom out bumper. The resivoir just touched the downtube at full bottom out and i wanted to be sure there wasn't a mark on th downtube if it got bottomed hard and a little flex was thrown in. He had to have it, he has a Pushed RP23 for it too but just can't give up the CCDB.

The blue spokes, the bike needed some color, shades of grey is cool and all but...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.