Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know anything about this new bike, so far all i can find out is that is an entry level FSR, and will replace " supposedly " the FSR XC Bike.

According to the pictures i've seen it looks like a nice bike, i may have to jump into one within the next couple of months!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
From what I've read it seems that it's a Stumpjumper frame (or something very similar) with toned down travel. (120mm for 26er, 100mm for 29er). The picture thats up on velovert.com has the components similar to the FSRxc Pro, and the article also hinted at it possibly replacing the FSR. It also said it was a "less race oriented epic," one for all the XC trails. I hope to see pricing around the same as the current year model FSR's but I've read that the price will go up 10% on all models. I also hear pricing will vary by region so I don't know what it will be, I've got my fingers crossed though. It's a sweet bike for sure.

Edit: Now that I look at it the rear suspension is a bit different that the 2010 Stumpjumper, and the welds don't look as smoothed either.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Almost a Pitch :D

Good thing they got rid of the FSR XC. The name didn´t do well with most customers anymore.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any idea of prices on this thing????

·
Registered
161 Posts
larlev said:
How the hell can you see the welds?
The support between the seat tube, and top tube doesn't look as smooth unless it's my imagination. There are just a few minor differences like no mounts for a Joplin (there could be some on the final version, who knows).

Edit: From Bikeradar
"The Stumpjumper FSR's move to 140mm travel in 2010 left a considerable gap between it and the 100mm Epic. For 2011 that gap's been filled by the all-new Camber. It's a 120mm travel trail bike (or 100mm in its 29in incarnation) that will occupy a range of price points starting below the Stumpjumper FSR range, but overlapping with it - the top-end Camber will be more expensive than the entry-level Stumpjumper.

The Camber is similar to the Stumpjumper in terms of geometry, but in a shorter-travel package. The all-aluminium frame uses integrated hydroforming, with the pivot locations being formed with the tubes rather than being separate welded-in forged sections. You also won't find any Brain shocks - Camber is all about simplicity. The top-end Pro models feature a custom SRAM carbon double crank, with triples on the cheaper bikes."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
Well damn...that's a better pic...I was thinking you were looking at the one above in this thread.

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
I usually don't give a damn about new models....but this year is different. Think how boring the 2009 models were....compared to this year.

A 120mm epic....are you kidding? I'm buying something

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
I wonder if the Camber will keep the Fox fork or go back to Rock Shox like the XC?

Edit: Just noticed the top pic does have a Rock Shock fork. Never mind.......

·
Registered
225 Posts
When the new Stumpjumper went to 140mm, some of us with 08/09 120mm versions were left hanging between moving to 140mm (that not all of us wanted) or a downgrade to the 120mm FSR xc.

The Camber seems like the perfect new model for me, still 120mm, hopefully dialled frame geo....and all the improvements of the latest shock layout!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im pretty sure im gonna have to grab one of those up next year!!!!!!!!!! Allthough im sure i'll spend a months worth of sleepless night debating between this new camber and a Stumpjumper!!!!!

However, 120mm travel is better for me than the 140mm will be

Even better might be the 100mm 29er. I've never had a 29er before!!!! or a FS
Been riding rockhoppers for a while now.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Damnit why did i just buy a 2010 FSR XC I want this in 29r

·
Registered
242 Posts
No brain though? Thats kinda disappointing, considering its a less race-oriented epic. Seems they are trying to fill the gap between the SJ and Epic but I dont really see a point since the gap is pretty tiny imho.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts