Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh mate come on pics asap my 26" sworks is due end of the month!!!! cant wait will be a huge change from my trail bike or 150mm hard tail!!! :cool:

·
rider
807 Posts
That's a tease! I assume you bought the complete bike since you've discussed the carbon wheels and the Reba Brain.

PS. my DT 36 star came in the mail. I hope it works in the Specy hub. Thanks for the tip

·
Slow But Still Pedaling
484 Posts
I saw one in a local shop several weeks ago, and they already had a second. The wheels are astoundingly light.

·
Registered
964 Posts
It appears that the whole bikes will be released prior to the framesets. Again, knowing that their are a few out there keeps my optimism high.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

anxiously awaiting pics and weights. congrats on scoring what is most likely the most sought after new bike in 2011!!!

·
Freedom Isn't Free
317 Posts
I'll wait patiently for my frame and wheels...indeed good to see full S-Works bikes rolling out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly, I was a bit surprised to hear it showed up as the last word I got was END of November. I really think Specialized is trying to under promise and over deliver on delivery times this year.

I'll get over there this afternoon, I promise. :D ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Let's hope youre right. I just picked my s-works carbon crankset on Monday. Just waiting for the spiders to come available then I'll have the build all prepared. I already have a Stans Crest laced to an AC from hub. Probably will go with the Crest in the rear as well. The bike is going to be ridiculous.

·
Slow But Still Pedaling
484 Posts
What bike(s) are you coming from? Very curious to hear a ride report. I put 20 miles or so on a demo Carbon Comp yesterday (no S-Works demo bike, sadly), and very interested in what folks are experiencing with the new fork, XX group, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
whybotherme said:

anxiously awaiting pics and weights. congrats on scoring what is most likely the most sought after new bike in 2011!!!
Gone- I cant wait to see the "out of the box weight". I know you guys showed me the bikerumor site that showed the 21.14lb and the 23.5lb weights for a Medium. Did you get a Medium? Where did it come in that 2+lb spectrum? I know the 23.5lb quote included tubes/cage. I'm sure the bike comes out of the box with tubes, so not likely at the 21.14lb quote out of the box.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Swami Scott said:
PS. my DT 36 star came in the mail. I hope it works in the Specy hub. Thanks for the tip
Keep us posted on this. My non S-Works Epic 29er frame will be here in mid-December, although its a Christmas gift so I won't get it until then. Still, I'm used to King hubs, so I'm definitely looking to at least get to 36 tooth engagement.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts