Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are either the 2011 RS Revelation and/or Sektor 650b compatible in 15mm axle?

My 2008/2009 Revelation 20mm axle fits but it's there's not the room of my Fox talas 140.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Hey longcast. I've got both a '09 Rev. Maxle, which fits a 2.35 Nevegal decently, but not as well as a Fox, as you mention. I've also got a '10 Revelation XX, and there's much less arch clearance on it... major bummer, because I love the fork otherwise.... Won't fit a 2.35 Nev, or a 2.35 Neo Moto. A 2.1 Neo Moto, or Racing Ralph, just barely fits... and I mean JUST... I hear some lug buzz on the arch occasionally with the 2.1 Neo... not a good longterm setup.
I can't say for sure, but the 2011 Revs don't look to be any different in terms of tire clearance.... gonna stick with my '09 for now and sell the XX.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Major bummer on the Rev fork as I had my eye on that new Dual Position air version to do a 650B build on my 08 Prophet that currently has a Fox Talas. I also discovered from SRAM that none of the aftermarket Dual Position Air forks are available in white (and I'm not putting a black fork on my all white Prophet). So I figure the new 2 position Fox Talas fork is what I'll use and tire clearance won't be an issue but guess what??? For 2011 the Talas fork I want is also only available in black aftermarket....jeez. Oh, the tech support guy as SRAM did say if I wanted a white fork a shop can order all the seperate parts to build it up that way and the price is about the same. Nice to know but the tire clearance problem makes it a no go anyway.

I guess if I want to keep the travel adjust feature I'll keep my current Talas and change out the current QR lowers to a 15mm setup (something I would really like to have) and get the fork Pushed for better performance....or just leave the lowers as is and make sure my new front hub will be convertible from 9-15mm when the right fork becomes available...or forget about the travle adjust and get the new WB Loop fork or a Fox Float which IS available in white. Yeah, I'm confused:D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Funny, I didn't want a white fork on my black bike....no way no how.... but I've got 2 of them:p
Screw the travel adjust.... get a Float or a Loop. I'm really curious to hear more Loop reports. You DEFINITELY want a thru axle though... even in the wrong color!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm thinking about building up a Bastard. Does the Fox 32 mm 150 fork fit or the 36 mm 160? With 5.5 inches of rear travel it would be sweet to be able to run a 6" fork up front. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts