Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m doing a full service on my 2011 Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH fork. It has the dust wipers with the oil seal under it (no foam rings). Can I use a 35mm dust wiper kit that has the foam rings instead of the oil seals, or is it a must that I use the original type oil seals. I’m thinking the oil soaked foam rings would have less stiction and better small bump compliance. Would this be ok, or would I have an oil leak? Would the dust wiper be enough to seal in the oil with the kit with foam rings? Thx

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I was thinking of using the Pike seals. Do the Pike seals act as an all in one oil seal/dust wiper? Are they SKF seals? If anyone has a part number for the Pike seals that would fit my fork that would be great!

I’ve been out of the loop for a good few years, but just started riding again. I’m not up on the latest and greatest currently. Trying to do my homework. The bike is a 2011 Santa Cruz Nomad with 2014 Fox rc4 rear coil and Push link. Thanks again for help. I’m stoked on riding again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.