Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm interested if anyone has one of these too.
H10, H30 or H50.
I discovered them in October and ordered one then (H50) on the strength of the picture alone. There is no Orbea dealer in my country so a demo was out.
Needless to say, I am still waiting for it to appear. The UK based on-line dealer I bought through has been fine at communicating and I'm following things on-line.
I get the impression that there are serious supply problems. The carbon framed versions seem easier to acquire but the hydro is as rare as hens teeth.

If anyone has any facts to add to my conjecture then please enlighten me!
;)

Cheers,
G.

·
errr...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks JMH. I want to buy one from Bike Line. They are listed as a premier dealer. I called the Wilmington store and was directed to call the Newark store. Talked to a guy there who said they hadn't sold one in a couple years ? I put a call into the eastern territory rep for Orbea (Josh?). Anyway, hopefully he'll get back to me tommorrow.
I was trying to figure out the right size i'd need. The geometry chart is unreadable under the H30. I'm 5'10 3/4" w/32" inseam. My guess is a medium. The top tube seems short if i'm reading it right. I dunno. The 110 stem may make it just right.. What a sweet looking ride man...
Once i talk to the rep making sure of the size and if Orbea still really works with Bike Line, I'll call back the Wilmington store and order it up. I wonder how long i'd have to wait..

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
chase1963 said:
Thanks JMH. I want to buy one from Bike Line. They are listed as a premier dealer. I called the Wilmington store and was directed to call the Newark store. Talked to a guy there who said they hadn't sold one in a couple years ? I put a call into the eastern territory rep for Orbea (Josh?). Anyway, hopefully he'll get back to me tommorrow.
I was trying to figure out the right size i'd need. The geometry chart is unreadable under the H30. I'm 5'10 3/4" w/32" inseam. My guess is a medium. The top tube seems short if i'm reading it right. I dunno. The 110 stem may make it just right.. What a sweet looking ride man...
Once i talk to the rep making sure of the size and if Orbea still really works with Bike Line, I'll call back the Wilmington store and order it up. I wonder how long i'd have to wait..
Better geometry diagrams are posted in the thread I linked above. Definitely not too easy to read on the website.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
chase1963 said:
Thanks again! I did see that aflter i made my last post. I saw you recommend a medium for anyone under 6'.
IDK, I'm a hair over 5'11" (with long legs and arms), and I opted for the Large b/c I wanted to run a 75-80mm stem, and that's where my desired effective top tube length put me. I've ridden my friend's medium with a 110mm stem(with a 660mm handlebar), and while it feels nice, I prefer my bike with an 80mm stem and 700mm bar. :)

·
errr...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
But the SO is crazy high on a large. Its like 33.07" right ? The last 29er i test rode was a Scott Scale Elite 29er. It was a large with a 31.9 stand over. I had zero room, flat footed. The topt tube was good with a 90mm stem at 24.4". Maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree. Everyone says don't worry about SO. If that was the case, the large Alma 29er TT works. I agree on a shorter stem being a little nicer.

·
errr...
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, i ordered it! H50 package but it gets better.. As happy as i am with the H50 color scheme, i really liked the H10 black & titanium better. Josh @ Orbea suggested i could get the H10 frame all dressed in H50 parts. Big props and thanks! I'll post a pic when she's here, possibly end of the week. Love the black/titanium -

analysis paralysis over and out.
Thanks to Matt @ Bike Line too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats. What frame size did you go for in the end?
I'm the same measurements as you and went for the medium. Stand over was my main issue but I don't know how important that is now I've read up on it more.

Like you I went for the Black/titanium colour scheme on the H50.

If you get it in a week I'll know for sure what I've been starting to suspect... that I've been taken for a ride by the bike shop I bought from... Paid up front in full too. Feel like an idiot now! :-(

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
gephion said:
If you get it in a week I'll know for sure what I've been starting to suspect... that I've been taken for a ride by the bike shop I bought from... Paid up front in full too. Feel like an idiot now! :-(
They have been in and out of stock so quickly that lots of guys have waited for a long time, while some folks have just been lucky that they called on the right day. We wish we could get all the bikes we need where and when we want them, but it just doesn't ever work out that way. :eek:

Enjoy! And post pics when you get er built up!

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
foofighter29er said:
yeah that's a high drool factor. It was cool that you can order whatever color frame for any of the build pretty cool
We don't assemble any of these bikes overseas, they ship as frames and parts kits to us in Little Rock. This allows for a bit of customization.

Stoked to hear about you guys getting your bikes ordered. As the company who first introduced a production carbon 29er back in 2006, it's nice to see the same excitement five years later for the carbon frames AND the new Hydro frames. I am loving my new Alma 29 even more than I enjoyed the original.

JMH

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a first gen Alma. The rear brake boss rivet developed a little slack/started to fail in the middle of the season a couple years ago. I put a zip tie on it and finished the season. When the snow flew I dropped it off at my dealer.

A few weeks later they called and said my new frame was built with my old parts. All this cost me ZERO cash dollars. A+ customer service.

·
Registered
153 Posts
sorry JMH that's what i meant, i was corresponding w/ Lonnie and he said that you can choose whatever color frame and they'll build it here in the US and ship to the LBS. I always thought it came pre-assembled from overseas.

But that IS very cool that you have that flexibility to choice frame colors. Often times other manufacturers use frame colors as a means to categorize build level ie entry vs high end component.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.