Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah for sure i do all the local races. But the Vibe at the Cap race is very different than any other race, more chill laid- back More like the Endurance scene, You can tell the FOCF are a passionate bunch and they know how to lay out a course, and the barbecue is always Fantastic..

If these guys wanted to take it to the next level I'm sure they could as there is no big national series stop here. With the quality of single-track Cap has and the knowledgeable people that ride there, i would like to see a national event held as it has an old school vibe
that people can appreciate..

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
pindowngirl25 said:
Yeah for sure i do all the local races. But the Vibe at the Cap race is very different than any other race, more chill laid- back More like the Endurance scene, You can tell the FOCF are a passionate bunch and they know how to lay out a course, and the barbecue is always Fantastic..

If these guys wanted to take it to the next level I'm sure they could as there is no big national series stop here. With the quality of single-track Cap has and the knowledgeable people that ride there, i would like to see a national event held as it has an old school vibe
that people can appreciate..
Pretty hard to grown an event and maintain that vibe though. Personally I'd rather see it smaller then lose the atmosphere it has now. The events I've been to at CF, the XC classic once and the 50 once, were some of the most fun and best courses of any events I've ever attended.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i think i've got my sights set on my first race! I was initially just thinking of doing the Super D, but why not take a shot at the All Mountain. I've never race Super D or XC before. May as well get in shape for the XC and enjoy the Super D. :D

does this event typically fill up fast? the site says only 150 per race.

-joel

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jojotherider said:
i think i've got my sights set on my first race! I was initially just thinking of doing the Super D, but why not take a shot at the All Mountain. I've never race Super D or XC before. May as well get in shape for the XC and enjoy the Super D. :D

does this event typically fill up fast? the site says only 150 per race.

-joel
Good call on doing both events. You won't be dissapointed! The event typically doesn't fill up but with the popularity of these events, you never know.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gticlay said:
So the SuperD is only on August 11? I noticed it says "provide your own transportation to the top". If I drove there alone, how would I get up to the top?
There will be lots of people shuttling to the top. On race day you can drive to the top where there is a huge parking lot and FOCF will provide a shuttle back to your car when you are done with your run. But, like I said, there are always people with room for 1 more. Also, there are usually quite a few racers shuttling on Friday to get practice runs in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.