Mtbr Founder
34,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the best thread?

What is the worst thread?

Who is the best poster?

Who is the worst poster?

What is the funniest post?

Who is the most interesting man/woman in the world?

Who is the best new poster?

Who is the most missed poster?

What is the best beer (after pliny)

Why are you here?

fc

·
heaven help me
2,889 Posts
I'll bite.

Best thread/poster................anything by Finch Platte.

Worst poster..............n/c

Beer.......Anchor Steam's Christmas beer, Lagunitas Holiday beer, and Mikkeller 2008.

Why am I here? I have no idea.

·
Registered
528 Posts
best thread: any bike related thread about someone enjoying a ride
worst thread: any thread with "preachy" posts, (i.e. all the threads that preach how to ride rather than support the notion that we need different types of riding options, mtb dedicated and directional - nothing less)
funniest thread: pacifica thread (someone actually said "godfathers of pacifica" in that thread)
why am I here: to learn about trails that I may like but haven't rode, which is way too rare
best beer: whatever's cheapest and/or an old standby - Anchor Steam

·
A Gentleman and a MTBR'
583 Posts
Best Poster: Dion, always friendly, positive and knowledgeable
Best thread: Live from the trail... or one's that get me answers
Beer... tough. My standby of the year was Big Daddy IPA, no Lil' Sumpin' Special this year... (I was disappointed with the Lagunitas holiday offering this year)

·
Mtbr Founder
34,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My favorite poster is Squashyo. I've known him and ridden with him for a while but he never used to post on Norcal. This year he has arrived and he is the spark plug that we need when it comes to interesting threads.

My favorite beer poster is jmartino.

The sultans of stoke are k-max, switchbaxr, snowjnky and chum and jeng

Shredchic is the great female rep.

Kudos to mboldt, pmarshall and zen_turtle, smilerz for their no excuses riding and huge leaps in fitness and achievement.

fc

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Thanks you sir for the kind words! I have to agree Squashyo is my favorite as well. I think we both share a similar sense of humor. This is the only forum on the internet I use and I enjoy most of the posts on here. The best thing is the time people take to help new people out. Makes this whole MTBR community a very welcoming place.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Many thanks for the kind words Francois.

Why are you here? This forum like no other gives me the inspiration to get out and ride. I have met lots of new friends and have been introduced to the wonderful world of craft beers.

Favorite posters pmarshal, Francois,tburger to name a few.

Best thread: the annual Thanksgiving Turkey Day ride. I have been unable to make it but I look forward to the pictures and details every year.

I'm looking forward to a new season of TNGR.

·
mtb'er
4,210 Posts
My 2011 MTBR Year In Review

So I wanted to head out into the TahoeBC, mostly cause I'm a snowjky. But I brought the ronski's, so I had to bailout. I went to the lodge to swap my ski boots for sneakers, and asked this dude in the locker room (that looked like Bjorn Zorg with a Buzz Cut) if he'd help me tie my shoes. He said, "Tyrone Shoelaces, Brah!" I said, "Okie Dokie" and went on my way. He was probably just afraid of my Bigfoot.

So with my Folsom Breakout Stripes on, I hopped on my bike and tuned my Walkman to KMAX. Off I went, all chummy, feeling like Elhombre, instead of just Arider. Heading down the trail, I saw a snake... and thought, "Watchout snake! I don't want to Squashyo!"... cause that would be a Buzkil. I rode over some Metamorphic rock, then hucked a Big Boulder, but crashed, hurt my Fourarm, and suffered a Finch Platte upon landing. Err.. a pinched flat. Yep, call me MrCrash. Not to worry, I shook off my injury, fixed my flat and got rolling again, pedaling like a Diesel, rolling like a Flowmaster. Then I ran into Sean Allan who yelled, "Hey! Don't Slide Mon! You're in my Haus, Boss!" I waved back and started my big climb.

Up and up I went. This hill was an Ogre. I almost couldn't take it anymore... legs cramping and brain hurting, I yelled out "Grrrah!!" In the distance, I heard a howl... as if a Wherewolf was stalking me. Now I wished I had brought my AK47 with me. When I finally got back to my truck, the guy parked next to me said "I'm from Berkeley, Mike." Confused, I told him my name wasn't Mike, then I sat my rumphy in my Red MR2, man... and I drove off like Neon Dion.

The moral to the story is.... iheartbicycles. (Sorry if this was Uncreative)

:cornut:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
So I wanted to head out into the TahoeBC, mostly cause I'm a snowjky. But I brought the ronski's, so I had to bailout. I went to the lodge to swap my ski boots for sneakers, and asked this dude in the locker room (that looked like Bjorn Zorg with a Buzz Cut) if he'd help me tie my shoes. He said, "Tyrone Shoelaces, Brah!" I said, "Okie Dokie" and went on my way. He was probably just afraid of my Bigfoot.

So with my Folsom Breakout Stripes on, I hopped on my bike and tuned my Walkman to KMAX. Off I went, all chummy, feeling like Elhombre, instead of just Arider. Heading down the trail, I saw a snake... and thought, "Watchout snake! I don't want to Squashyo!"... cause that would be a Buzkil. I rode over some Metamorphic rock, then hucked a Big Boulder, but crashed, hurt my Fourarm, and suffered a Finch Platte upon landing. Err.. a pinched flat. Yep, call me MrCrash. Not to worry, I shook off my injury, fixed my flat and got rolling again, pedaling like a Diesel, rolling like a Flowmaster. Then I ran into Sean Allan who yelled, "Hey! Don't Slide Mon! You're in my Haus, Boss!" I waved back and started my big climb.

Up and up I went. This hill was an Ogre. I almost couldn't take it anymore... legs cramping and brain hurting, I yelled out "Grrrah!!" In the distance, I heard a howl... as if a Wherewolf was stalking me. Now I wished I had brought my AK47 with me. When I finally got back to my truck, the guy parked next to me said "I'm from Berkeley, Mike." Confused, I told him my name wasn't Mike, then I sat my rumphy in my Red MR2, man... and I drove off like Neon Dion.
I went to the Ale House and committed some Brewtality. Now I have an Empty_Beer

The moral to the story is.... iheartbicycles. (Sorry if this was Uncreative)

:cornut:
Finished your story for you. Best post of 2012:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Wow, thanks for the props Francis and Pmarshall! I dig this MTBR thing but mostly like to hear myself type. Starting new job next week so sadly will be here more often than riding (for the first month anyhow).

Now back to business:

What is the best thread?
Empty Beer: http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/i-finally-found-salmon-falls-750907.html
Just dug it

What is the worst thread?
The political threads were a downer. Tea Party folks scare me.

Who is the best poster?
Farrah Fawcett was good but I had a thing for Cheryl Tiegs. I also had a kick ass Tiger Black Light poster for a while.

Who is the worst poster?
That cat hanging from something with the "Hang in there" tag line...I mean **** you cat.

What is the funniest post?
Mine from His Dudeness - New Years resolutions. Really pissed off that I didn't get more recognition for this gem...come on guys, how'd we miss this one?:
I will make a better effort to say stuff more smarter and am planning to take my obsession with Satan to the NEXT level. I already have the talon of a red crow, the seventh Orbis Chalice of Pius (below), sap from the stunted willow in West Chesterfield (yes, that was a *****) and we found the 'door' (it's really more like an outside basement door) this November. Soooo, excited!!!!

Who is the most interesting man/woman in the world?
Tom

Who is the best new poster?
Gosh, dunno. Justin Beiber seems to be good at it these days (according to my daughters' rooms)

Who is the most missed poster?
Grateful Dead: Aoxomoxoa Album Poster. Where the hell did I put it back in the 80s?

What is the best beer (after pliny)
My home brew was pretty damn good...on a break now though.

Why are you here?
Stop making me feel guilty about not being on my bike right now.

Attachments

·
Snowjnky McDreamy
2,560 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts