Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering how come ZERO talk of anything from Niner for 2011? To busy with all the broken 2009 2010 stuff? (relax just playen)

·
Registered
374 Posts
bighit2005 said:
Hey guys just wondering how come ZERO talk of anything from Niner for 2011? To busy with all the broken 2009 2010 stuff? (relax just playen)
Because we all know they'll never make the steel frames in any other colors aside from "dog pooh brown" and "stale beer gold" ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's not the broken stuff keeping them busy - it's the stuff they announced in 2009 to be released in 2010, that we're still waiting to see.

I wonder if they've employed someone specifically to send vague responses to emails regarding ETA of their crabon products?

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
A little bird told me that there was a big photo shoot going on there the other day, such that it took a couple days for someone I know to get back to me via a phone call. Just a guess, but they've been very busy lately. InterBike in Las Vegas is not that far away.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
abp689 said:
Nope, they are still working on getting out the 2010 products for 2011. Maybe 2012?
Maybe the Air 9 Carbons are in the same container with the Tallboy, Mojo HD and Alma 29... and most other carbon frames for that matter... for those who haven't been paying attention, big delays are pretty much industry-wide right now.

·
There's always next year.
877 Posts
As remember that, as guideline, I don't believe Niner does "model years" as other companies do. They seem to roll out updates as they finalize them. Colors "might" be the only thing that change year to year for them.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
abp689 said:
Nope, they are still working on getting out the 2010 products for 2011. Maybe 2012?
I find it saves time I just order a new niner when I pick up the new 1

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
padrefan1982 said:
As remember that, as guideline, I don't believe Niner does "model years" as other companies do. They seem to roll out updates as they finalize them. Colors "might" be the only thing that change year to year for them.
That would be correct. But I'm not complaining... the 2 Niners I have get plenty of use already. I'm a firm believer in waiting for the hype to die down, and buying what's in stock on dealers shelves, or buying something used... no waiting, instant gratification. Anticipation and waiting drives me nuts.

·
Leg Shaver
563 Posts
IIt's been 10 months since Interbike and we still don't has sufficient reviews of the carbon EBB set up.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
sikocycles said:
180mm DH 29er
Heck, I would be satisfied with 175mm from a mid-high rearward travel single pivot, 66.5º HA with a Dorado (and a new internal tapered headtube so you can run the Cane Creek headsets), 13.5" bottom bracket and 1" shorter seat tubes in each size. Oh yeah, and no front derailleur mount necessary. That's all. ;) Like a TR450 29er.

In fact I will purchase all 12 and split them with sikocycles, we can be the official distributors.

Heh.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:thumbsup:
JMH said:
Heck, I would be satisfied with 175mm from a mid-high rearward travel single pivot, 66.5º HA with a Dorado (and a new internal tapered headtube so you can run the Cane Creek headsets), 13.5" bottom bracket and 1" shorter seat tubes in each size. Oh yeah, and no front derailleur mount necessary. That's all. ;) Like a TR450 29er.

In fact I will purchase all 12 and split them with sikocycles, we can be the official distributors.

Heh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts