Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Go back to school
648 Posts
joelsman said:
avalanche has a better cartridge for it
This is true but for a more expensive price. Also Marzocchi will warranty work on your fork even if you have one of THEIR after-market cart's in it. Not true with Avy.

Last I checked they were telling me that an EVO cart would retail for $500 and I just laughed at them. $200 sounds much more realistic.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Bikesair said:
This is true but for a more expensive price. Also Marzocchi will warranty work on your fork even if you have one of THEIR after-market cart's in it. Not true with Avy.

Last I checked they were telling me that an EVO cart would retail for $500 and I just laughed at them. $200 sounds much more realistic.
Really, what's left to warranty when you remove the MARZOCCHI internals. The other side is spring and aside of seals there's no reason to warranty anything aside of stock internals. When's the last time you heard of an issue with reliability and avalanche???? No need to warranty something that doesn't break.....

My vote is avalanche you can reshim it however you choose and with adapter kits it will fit a wide range of forks so its not useless if you ditch or break your fork.....

·
Registered
291 Posts
bullcrew said:
Really, what's left to warranty when you remove the MARZOCCHI internals. The other side is spring and aside of seals there's no reason to warranty anything aside of stock internals
what about the externals? you know like the chassis... ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about the avy i dont really want to get one because no one here knows how to rebuild/service them and i dont have the time to learn (school/work and im joining the army in august..)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
next year i will not have any money :lol: i think ill just mod my fork as i cant find a 180mm VAN for a nice price that isnt shipping only in the US

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
tyler243 said:
what about the externals? you know like the chassis... ;)
Aside of bushing slop (which has been taken care of) what are they going to warranty on the externals.... Steer tube to short, a dent freom a rock or a gouge on hte stanchion from a crash???:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it will fit in the 08 chassis

Price from Aussie distro is about $200 AUD, but apparently they havent been made available as spare parts yet
Do you know if the RC3 evo cart fits an 07 66 RC2x chassis?

Otherwise I guess the old RC3 would work. Maybe the evo cart is wider as the 08+ models have 38mm over 36mm stanchions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts