Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching on here for an answer but I can't find exactly what I need. :confused:

I have an 07 Hardrock Comp Disk that has the 100mm RST Gilla Plus RA fork. I want to replace it with something better, prefer air fork instead of a coil one and one with a lock out. I don't want to spend much more then $250 for one and have found the 2011 Marzocchi 44 RLO Fork for about that and seems like a great fork from reviews i've read.

My questions (or concerns)....will going from a 100mm fork to a 140mm fork be too much? by too much i mean in the ergo's of the bike?

That fork is adjustable to 120mm travel if 140mm is in fact too much. Still ok?

I don't care about voiding warranty (not that it matters now obviously it's 4 years old).

Would I have to do any modifications to it in order to make it fit my bike or is it bolt on an go?

Am I missing or forgetting anything else that I need to be concerned about when replacing the fork? fitment for my disk brakes perhapse?

Thank you! :thumbsup:

·
THAT guy
139 Posts
I have a 2010 44RLO on my 2005 Spec XC. I like it, you wil be fine with the travel at 120mm. It will bolt up fine once you cut the steer tube down and install the star nut.
Just a heads up, the damper is sealed and unservicable, and the air spring is VERY simple, so much so that it took me awhile to figure out how it even works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.