Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
The micro Ti is higher quality than my RV and mine performs like a dream. I always have loved marz for making high quality forks and without breaking your bank. The only downside is mine is heavy as hell, comes in at 6lbs?

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
pfox90 said:
The micro Ti is higher quality than my RV and mine performs like a dream. I always have loved marz for making high quality forks and without breaking your bank. The only downside is mine is heavy as hell, comes in at 6lbs?
a 36 van is a bit under 5.5 pounds and a domain is a bit over 6 pounds so id say zocchi is a little heavy but not "heavy as hell".

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
marzocchi has always been the heaviest option. however, prior to 2008-2010, they were also the most reliable and best performing so it was often overlooked. when the competition gets lighter and lighter and zocchi still keeps the weight, it can be unacceptable at times. a 2006 66 was maybe the best long travel fork ever made but it was also like 7.5lbs. now a 180mm fork is a hair over 5lbs. and arguably just as good.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
saturnine said:
marzocchi has always been the heaviest option. however, prior to 2008-2010, they were also the most reliable and best performing so it was often overlooked. when the competition gets lighter and lighter and zocchi still keeps the weight, it can be unacceptable at times. a 2006 66 was maybe the best long travel fork ever made but it was also like 7.5lbs. now a 180mm fork is a hair over 5lbs. and arguably just as good.
a 20011 55 rv and a 2011 160 domain each weight 6.2 pounds. the 55 rc3 ti is 5.3 pounds which is a bit heavy for a top end 160mm fork but i dont think its unreasonable for a coil fork at all.

·
Beer Swilling Clyde
323 Posts
saturnine said:
Agreed, My prototype z150 was 8 pounds but was so nice I let it slide. Something about that open bath coil squish from zocchi, I want a new one!

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
I am not too keen on weight because what ends up usually happening is sacrificing durability. A manitou minute vs my zocchi rv I would take the extra 2 lbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.