Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these today, Reign with tapered head tube, lighter weight, new upper link, 1/2 degree slacker, bigger downtube, integrated BB (!?), seat dropper guides....

My new bike? I might step down from a Reign X to a Reign! (especially with Cane Creek Angleset headset compatablility)

Trance with bigger downtube, slacker HT fancy red pivots, 125 fork to match the rear...

Anthem 29 chromed out

Anthem

Info stolen from here-

https://singletrack.competitor.com/

Krispy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! awesome pictures. Thanks for stealing, Krispy! :thumbsup:
It looks like the 2011's get tapered head tubes. What are the benefits of having a tapered head tube anyway??
Makes me want to trade in my '09 X3. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn, got a 2010 X3 sitting in the other room still unridden! Guess it'll be months before we see these on the trails, especially in the UK anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
antonio said:
Agreed. The skinny/straight top tube and the thick/curved downtube look like they belong on two separate bikes.
Yep, it seems like they throwed into a blender an Anthem frame with a Reign X.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any info on frame sizes? I just traded my 18" Trance X0 frame for a 19" Rocky Mountain Altitude frame. The 18" felt slightly too small and the 20" slightly too large for my 6' frame. The Altitude fits me better but other than that I'm not sure if I like it any better than my Trance X0.
I wonder if they'll offer the new SRAM 2x10 drivetrain on any of the models?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only info i have is from Singletrack (Velo News).

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's all a little disappointing a this stage (here's hoping the actual release will show more). The 2011 Reign is only a black 2010 Reign X, Trance has started its incarnation into an Anthem, the Anthem X29 looks like something Priscilla Queen of the Desert wanted whilst the flagship Anthem X gets a coat of paint.

Innovation is what wins buyers, not colors.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ohhh no change too much, change not enough, colours ugly, colours too much, colours not enough.
Seriously why do bikes need to be re-invented every season for people to be happy?
Haha I think they look great. Can't wait to get started on my 20lb Trance X all-rounder.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
The Reign and Anthem X 29er look nice but I agree with antonio on the TX...and the AX doesn’t look great either. I’m sure they’ll ride well enough even if the looks aren’t there though!

·
Registered
200 Posts
was worried that my trance X2 would be made obsolete by the new model (expected a significant frame change or something). Glad to see that there is really no difference. I'm also guessing the HA is only different becuase of the longer fork...would still get a talas or something though on my bike than get a 2011 model

·
Any given singletrack!
82 Posts
Trance X's downtube sucks big time. Color schemes suck (in my opinion). Anthem X lost 2nd bottle mount, that's a no-go for me. It seems i'll buy a 2010 anthem.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Trance is horrible, Reign is ok. Will wait a bit longer for specs and models but pretty sure I'll get a "10" Trance X3 and upgrade parts. Liked Giants old long headtube, nice for us guys with long legs that need the seatposts jacked up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
beenee98 said:
was worried that my trance X2 would be made obsolete by the new model (expected a significant frame change or something). Glad to see that there is really no difference. I'm also guessing the HA is only different becuase of the longer fork...would still get a talas or something though on my bike than get a 2011 model
+1 :thumbsup:

I think the toptube is a big downside, first it looks horrible, and second, and more important, I think it reduces de handling of the bike.
I'm glad I took a 2010 model. :)

·
TRANCER
2,755 Posts
I dunno what to think actually. I kinda like them cuz of course something new is always exciting. But I like the top tube on the previous models. 2007- 2010. Maybe after I look at the 2011 models more I'll come to appreciate them more or like them less. Whatever the case I really can't wait to take one out for a demo ride :D

1 - 20 of 364 Posts