Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2011 LTT jersey design is finished and here it is. Kudo's to Chris Kunstadt for another great design!

The first 100 to register for both the Short Track and XC races get a free jersey. There are almost 40 already registered so they are going fast.

·
Big John
170 Posts
yogiprophet said:
Not really a fan of barbed wire....has some run ins with it both running from the law and on my mountain bike.
Yikes. Back in the day I helped build several miles of barbed wire fence. One of the guys I was working with wasn't wearing gloves and was holding on to the wire when it snapped and pulled through his hand. I had that happen to me once, but with gloves on. Nasty stuff.

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
yogiprophet said:
Not really a fan of barbed wire.
But it really shows what a hard-core badass you are. :skep: :rolleyes:

Yeah- I'm not really a fan, either. Barbed wire is not something I look forward to encountering on a ride. It's in the same legue as goat heads and "trail closed" signs. It'd look better...pretty cool even... if the wire was replaced with a big bike chain.

It looks pretty well executed given the theme though (although the combo of the font, word "torture", colors, and barbed wire do have kind of a gulag vibe). I'd definitely prefer a discounted price on the race to a jersey if you sign up early enough.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first 100 to register for both the short track and XC races get a jersey. Registration is already over 80, the jersey's will be gone soon so register now if you want a jersey.

·
Registered
369 Posts
La Tierra Tortilla

I don't like any jerseys, myself.. just a bit too fashionable and roadie to my liking.. although this jersey is cooler than most... speaking of roadie, who the heck is responsible for raking and buffing the trails that comprise the race course.. whoever it is must stop, removing the cobbles and gravels tha hold the soil together (matrix) is going to turn the trails into gully washes in 2 years.. mark my words...its ridiculous, and I surely hope its not anybody associated with the Torture Race..that would be a travesty...long term damage of the trails to make the race course buff and easier so racers can go faster.. :madman:

·
Bandolero
217 Posts
Jemezc said:
The first 100 to register for both the short track and XC races get a jersey. Registration is already over 80, the jersey's will be gone soon so register now if you want a jersey.
Hey Brent, what material are they made with? (cotton)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
schneidw said:
I don't like any jerseys, myself.. just a bit too fashionable and roadie to my liking.. although this jersey is cooler than most... speaking of roadie, who the heck is responsible for raking and buffing the trails that comprise the race course.. whoever it is must stop, removing the cobbles and gravels tha hold the soil together (matrix) is going to turn the trails into gully washes in 2 years.. mark my words...its ridiculous, and I surely hope its not anybody associated with the Torture Race..that would be a travesty...long term damage of the trails to make the race course buff and easier so racers can go faster.. :madman:
That's pretty weak. I thought they were MOUNTAIN BIKERS, not DIRT ROADIES. God forbid that a race course require any technical riding skills. It's not like there was enough technical terrain out there, anyway.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,762 Posts
delnorte said:
That's pretty weak. I thought they were MOUNTAIN BIKERS, not DIRT ROADIES. God forbid that a race course require any technical riding skills. It's not like there was enough technical terrain out there, anyway.
I confess, it was me. I was riding so fast that the rocks got scared and jumped out of the way :D
I promise to rake 'em back onto the rail...
To be honest, I haven't noticed the rocks moving. What part are you taking about?

·
No no...the OTHER LA.
342 Posts
Crash88 said:
Hey Brent, what material are they made with? (cotton)
If it's the same company (Vomax) it's 100% Poly. Quite comfortable.

Yogi, not a bad idea selling if you already have too many jerseys. You could probably get $30 on the spot, selling to some poor sap who missed the cutoff. :thumbsup:

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,762 Posts
schneidw said:
I rode the course after you posted this And I really didn't notice any raking...But I rode it today and the whole course looked to be clear of any loose rocks. Do you have a crystal ball Bill? I thought it must be some roadie associated with the race trying to gain an advantage over the mnt. bikers or something like that. I talked to a friend in the know and he told me who he thought it was and that person (whose mane I forgot but I think it was Tim) has nothing to do with the race.
I may have remembered but I slammed head on to a large rider (220 pounds) who was going downhill on the two track on the east side while I was climbing. We met around a corner and I didn't know it was going to happen until I saw him a split second before we hit. :yikes: I am in some serious pain tonight and my rear wheel (of all things) is toast. He was fine as was his bike...a real nice guy but he claimed to be going balls to the wall when he slammed head on into me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.