Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Danger to himself
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these guys compare to each other? I currently ride a 2006 Stumpjumper FSR Comp w/ 2.4" Fat Alberts and I'm looking to get something in the 160mm travel area.

The Stinky TL is looking rather attractive at $2050 vs around $2800 for the Enduro.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have done with the Enduro ( In my case I own the 2010 model) so many things, I do- Freeride (up to 6 foot droops) , DH, and of course AM. I couldn't tell what is better because I havn't tried the Kona.

·
Ride and Smile
736 Posts
Steviepoo said:
How do these guys compare to each other? I currently ride a 2006 Stumpjumper FSR Comp w/ 2.4" Fat Alberts and I'm looking to get something in the 160mm travel area.

The Stinky TL is looking rather attractive at $2050 vs around $2800 for the Enduro.
Check the weights. Kona looks like it is spec'ed heavy. Would make it less versatile. Geo is similar except chainstay length (spec is shorter) and seat tube angle (spec is steeper). So geo wise - the enduro looks better to me on paper.

I love my 2011 enduro. Never ridden a more dh like trail bike! But I am replacing the stock shock to get a pushed monarch with a bumper in it to accommodate bottom outs. For some reason specialized left a bumper out of the rp23 and the bottom outs are harsh.

·
Danger to himself
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
axolotl said:
But I am replacing the stock shock to get a pushed monarch with a bumper in it to accommodate bottom outs. For some reason specialized left a bumper out of the rp23 and the bottom outs are harsh.
How much did the PUSH mod cost? How fast was the turn-around?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.