Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just Wanna Ride!
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen some 2011 Jet 9s with the RP23 shock out back. I know the 2011 frames came with a shock that was tuned for higher compression dampening and there were some folks didn't like the ride. In 2012 they reset the compression tune back down to match the older models.

Can anybody give me some feedback regarding the tuning of the 2011 models and whether it really was a problem or whether you like the ride of the higher compression shock? Anybody have the shock serviced to change the tune?

Considering picking up one of those frames knowing that the ride may be more harsh. Figure I could always ride it for a little while and send it off to have the compression tune changed, if needed.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Have seen some 2011 Jet 9s with the RP23 shock out back. I know the 2011 frames came with a shock that was tuned for higher compression dampening and there were some folks didn't like the ride. In 2012 they reset the compression tune back down to match the older models.

Can anybody give me some feedback regarding the tuning of the 2011 models and whether it really was a problem or whether you like the ride of the higher compression shock? Anybody have the shock serviced to change the tune?

Considering picking up one of those frames knowing that the ride may be more harsh. Figure I could always ride it for a little while and send it off to have the compression tune changed, if needed.
yep, my Tang had way too much compression dampening. Sent it to PUSH and had them tone it down and now, it's 100 times better.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Would getting a newer rear shock also make it a bit better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It all depends on the tune of the shock. If you look to replace it, find a shock with a low compression tune. The fox shocks come in low/mid/high tune compression settings. It'll show on the can of the shock. For me, it was more economical to have PUSH retune it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.