Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, Rob here with Jamis Bicycles! Happy to share with you some pic's of our new 2011 bikes.
I'm going to start off with some of the 29'ers.
More info and pic's to follow shortly.
Best, Rob

New for 2011:
D29 Team
Tapered 1-1/8" - 1.5" Head tube
Fox 32 F29 RLC w/Tapered Steerer
American Classic Tubeless 29 Wheels w/ AC 130 Front & AC 225 Rear hubs
SRAM XO 2X10 drive train/shifters
SRAM XO BB30 Crank
Avid XO brakes 185 front rotor / 160mm rear rotor (185mm f rotor not in pic)
Stainless Steel chain stay guard (not in pic)

New for 2011
D29 Pro
Tapered 1-1/8" - 1.5" Head tube
Rock Shox Reba RLT 29 w/Tapered Steerer
SRAM X9 2X10 drive train/shifters
FSA Comet Compact BB30 Crank
Avid Elixir 3 185mm front rotor / 160mm rear rotor (185mm f rotor not in pic)
Stainless Steel chain stay guard (not in pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
2011 Jamis Bikes

Hello, Rob. When will the 2011 bikes and MSRP's be on the Jamis website? I'm interested in a Dragon 29 or something comparable. I hear there may be two different Dragons for 2011. Thanks much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exile?

Hey, Rob - how about posting a sneak peek at the new Exile 29er? I already have dibs on one at the local bike shop and hear that it will be copper colored, but would sure that to see a pic of it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, busy time of the year....The prices will be $4600 for the d29 Team and $3000 for the d29 Pro.

We will be offering the Dragon One single speed as a frame set only. Includes rigid fork and head set. Dragon One Frame Set msrp $450.

We'll be releasing pic's and spec's of our new full suspension bikes shortly.

best, Rob

·
Registered
403 Posts
rvanderveur said:
we'll be releasing pic's and spec's of our new full suspension bikes shortly.

best, Rob

i am wainting on these!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!!!!!! love my jamis xam ll, what will be next????:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Any idea on the wt's of the team and pro? What is the ETA on these?
Thanks.
Wish they would have put the AC wheels on the Pro, and charged a few extra bucks. May have to work with the shop on that swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rob, I heard Jamis was going to be coming out to Buffalo, NY for a CX race in early November. Can you confirm? Also, if Jamis is coming are you going to be bringing the above bikes? Thanks...Erik

·
illuminator82
251 Posts
just saw the 2011 catalogue;
Hell Yeah!!!

tapered steerer and 71 degree head angle!!!!

just what this doc ordered.

guess it will match my Xenith Race...lol

way to go Jamis:)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
rvanderveur said:
sorry, busy time of the year....The prices will be $4600 for the d29 Team and $3000 for the d29 Pro.

We will be offering the Dragon One single speed as a frame set only. Includes rigid fork and head set. Dragon One Frame Set msrp $450.

We'll be releasing pic's and spec's of our new full suspension bikes shortly.

best, Rob
Glad you guys kept the great geometry. IMHO, there are plenty of companies going to slacker head angles in the smaller size carbon hardtails(sometimes screwing up handling just to compensate for overlap) *, but not enough that really understand that there are smaller guys like myself that feel they have good bike handling skills and want a quick handling front end with the ability to get over the larger (proportionately) wheel in front.
You guys have the best geo in the business and as far as I know one of the few that get it right with 71 ha in the larger sizes where big guys are already (again proportionately) over the front wheel, but 72 for us smaller fellars to get the leverage rates correct when turning 29" wheels.
Hopefully you won't change your well thought out geometry designs in the D29.
:thumbsup:

IMHO, by increasing the diameter of the wheel, the “trail” is also increased. If u have a 71 degree head tube angle keeping everything constant,
a 26” wheel might have a trail of 76mm while the trail for a 29” wheel with the same head tube angle the trail grows
by 15% or so. As the trail becomes larger, the steering starts to have a flip-flop washed out feeling on the allready larger wheels for smaller guys, for larger guys; not so much.
One way to compensate for this is to increase the offset of the fork which increases the wheelbase on the again, allready stretched out wheelbase for the larger wheels. (the larger wb is something that usually is not factored into trail/offset calculations when offset is increased[reducing trail] to compensate for slacker head angles such as in G2 geometry on 29ers. )
(This is great for some guys and again, there are plenty of bike companies compromising with 71 and much slacker head angles throughout their size range for them.) Also, Cane Creek is offering the angleset headset to work with tapered head tubes to adapt 1&1/8 (not tapered) forks to give you angle adjustably by up to +/-1.5 degrees and really dial in your ha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Stand Over

Rob,
The stand over for the D29 pro and team is listed different in the 2011 catalog then on the website. The 2011 catalog has the 15 inch at 28.74, is that really true?

·
Registered
13 Posts
D29 Geo

Unfortunately the geometries listed in the 2011 Product Manual for the D29 Team and Pro are incorrect. Please refer to the website for the proper geo on both models.

Ryan

·
Registered
49 Posts
All the photos I've seen for the D29 have a mount for just one bottle cage on the down tube. Does anyone know if this is just with smaller frames or does a 19 and 21" frame have a seat tube mount as well? As trivial as this is it'll be a dealbreaker for me. I need two cages...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both the 19" and 21" frames have bottle mounts on both the down and seat tube. Unfortunately with the low standover of the frame, the two smallest sizes (15" and 17") will not allow a bottle on the seat tube.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm new to Jamis and highly interested in a 2011 D29. I hate asking sizing questions but I noticed the TT's run smaller then other companies based on their sizes. I'm 6'2" with a 35" inseam, are riders preferring the XL over the L?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts