Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts
There are new 29er forks from Xfusion, DTSwiss, White Brothers, Fox, Rockshox. Magura will follow soon enough.

Kenda is moving from 5 29er tires to 10. VeeRubber has about 15 new tires and all are going to be available in 29er.

Are fat bikes 29ers??

fc
Hm i find ur statement on the xfusion 29er fork intriguing....have u got inside info or has i miss something here?

Are you saying you don't have yours yet? :)

These are Enix level forks and should be at about $450 msrp. Xfusion delivers good value.

I'm just waiting for my Xfusion 140 travel with 40mm stanchions.

fc
Oops, i definitely miss this beauty...any word on the 140mm fork from the xfusion guys? my frame is gonna be ready soon...

twitchy school bus? :eek:ut:

It is just a flat out myth that "early days" 29ers had different, crappy geometry."

Hey the ones I rode sure felt that way. Tall and twitchy at speed and so long they were no fun in the tight stuff. Not to mention the noodle frame flex. Call it a myth but that's how the few I rode felt. Im sure there may have been a couple with great geo but I never felt one. Now even the XC race bikes feel a bit more dialed. Lower bb and shorter stays sure help this ( call it seat of the pants science .)

"Yep... if you're looking for a trail bike, you're probably not going to be happy on an XC bike, regardless of the wheel size. :skep:
Thats all Im trying to say......:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #47 ·
I just found this in my vast array of photos:
The new 29 is the 2.2 "Panaracer Driver". Kevlar bead, 600 grams. MSRP is 55.95.
Available late December 2011. Fast rolling 2.5 mm center knobs with a
special rounded profile and 3 mm side lugs for seamless transitions and
cornering.

I'm a big fan of Panaracer since the rubber quality and build is always good. This new one looks good purdy good for my xc style.
Panaracer Driver 29er | MTBR Interbike Coverage

fc

So far I've been very happy with my XXL Tallboy and I also like the Pivot 429.

However, I wouldn't mind giving the Ibis Ripley a spin, hopefully next summer.

At 6'4", I'm much more excited about what the bike industry has done to provide me with options compared to what the airline industry offers me for seating options!

Hasn't White Brothers been promising a "new" 29er fork for at least 3 years? Did they have one on display?
I've got one too - 100mm, through axle. I love it! I had only ridden 80mm WB forks prior, and that extra travel has been really awesome. :thumbsup: Call them up and order yourself one and lets hear your review.

Attachments

29" ruled XC side of the AM equation, 26" still have a solid grip on the DH side. I rode handful of 180-200mm bikes on the DH trail in Bootleg, didn't see a single 29er out there. Took an hour long XC ride on a 120mm 29er, don't think I saw any 26" bikes.

Were there any 29ers out there with more than 120mm of travel? I think SRAM might have a few Tracer 29s in their test fleet, but anything new?

No Satori, no Bandit, no Roscoe. Not even any of the AM hardtails. For the year of the 29er trail/AM bike it seemed pretty XC oriented to me.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.