Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'd rather be biking...
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2nd Annual Hurricane bike fest just got wrapped up in my neck of the woods. Its put on by the same guys that do the Fat tire fest in Fruita. Over the Edge sports. One of their shops in Hurricane is the base of this event. Plenty of trails to ride in the three days they hold the event. Actually you cant ride everything there is to offer in 3 days which makes for another excuse to stay longer.

The hot summer temps are winding down and its an awesome time to get out and ride. Took some pictures out there and hope to see even more people next year. :thumbsup:

Funky lines to enjoy

Want technical? You got it!

Want chunk? You got it!

I guess there are views

Fields of slickrock

Slickrock for days

Steep downs and ups

Hidden trails every where

Stellar riding and lighting

Booths and food

Live music

Troy of Over the Edge

First festival to serve beer in hurricane utah, yippy!

They had some jumps and hits for the street crowd

Ok, I guess I'll see you all next year. That should be enough motivation.

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
Nice post 'n pics Shelbster. I saw the festival setting up on Friday as we drove through. We were too early to stop and were on a short leash with the women folk. I was on the IR this trip and didn't get to ride. I did get to shuttle my brother-in-law Shane and his friend Jace on Grafton and flying monkey however and lived vicariously through their babbling....

Southern Utah is drop dead gorgeous this time of year...

-SS

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Awesome pics Shelbster!

Would have liked to hit Grafton on Sunday but I also wanted to check out Guac that day as my friends had not ridden that yet.

Friday we hit up Bearclaw Poppy, Barrel and Icehouse in St G plus the beer garden. Saturday - Little Creek, R&B and Goose night ride. Sunday - Guac.

Here are some of my pics from the weekend. As always can't wait to come back again! Big thanks to everyone who helped put the weekend together!

Bearclaw Poppy

not quite sure what route we took getting back

Barrel. Not having done my homework we rode it the wrong direction. Still fun...and will be back next year to hit the jumps

Came across these guys on the climb up

Little Creek. The benefit of riding with Monte was all the stories and history. I had never seen the petroglyphs before. The ride was fun too!

R&B. Short but fun trail near Quail Cr Reservoir

Goose night ride. Switching things up, we also rode the trails opposite direction from what we usually do

And Guacamole. Rode it last time but missed some of the new stuff at the far end. Found it this time!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Awesome pics Shelbster!

Would have liked to hit Grafton on Sunday but I also wanted to check out Guac that day as my friends had not ridden that yet.

Friday we hit up Bearclaw Poppy, Barrel and Icehouse in St G plus the beer garden. Saturday - Little Creek, R&B and Goose night ride. Sunday - Guac.

Here are some of my pics from the weekend. As always can't wait to come back again! Big thanks to everyone who helped put the weekend together!
I had fun riding with you guys on Little Creek. Come back and see us again soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.