Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm Lazy.
43 Posts
oopsy.....

roadrunner1 said:
Silver Epic Elite.
The word SPECIALIZED is not spelled correctly on the bike......hhmm.

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts

·
GONE
26,259 Posts
Frame weights???

I read somewhere that the carbon frames are lighter since the rear triangle is now also carbon....

BUT...

has anyone heard whether or not the alloy frames are lighter (than '09 & '10)???

'hawg out

·
Registered
62 Posts
Few things i noticed that i didnt know before:

-Epic Comp Carbon 29er ; seatstays and chainstays arent carbon.
-Difference between the Epic Comp 29er and the Epic Comp Carbon 29er , besides the frame seems to be double chainset on the front of the carbon version, so 30speed vs 20speed 3x10 vs. 2x10. And because of that the 2x10 rig gets a mid cage rear mech instead of long cage.

Apart from that they seem exactly the same?

Still no prices anywhere yet?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
iscarrr said:
Few things i noticed that i didnt know before:

-Epic Comp Carbon 29er ; seatstays and chainstays arent carbon.
-Difference between the Epic Comp 29er and the Epic Comp Carbon 29er , besides the frame seems to be double chainset on the front of the carbon version, so 30speed vs 20speed 3x10 vs. 2x10. And because of that the 2x10 rig gets a mid cage rear mech instead of long cage.

Apart from that they seem exactly the same?

Still no prices anywhere yet?
I saw the pricing at my LBS on Friday in the dealer catalog, the Epic Comp 29er MSRP is $2,800.00. And if I remember correctly, the Epic Comp Carbon MSRP is $3,700.00 (or close to that).

·
Registered
225 Posts
I dont get why all Epics (including the base alloy comp) have a tapered steerer tube whilst the stumpjumper (with far more travel) makes do with a standard steerer:confused:

Seems odd to me

·
Registered
119 Posts
skleins said:
I dont get why all Epics (including the base alloy comp) have a tapered steerer tube whilst the stumpjumper (with far more travel) makes do with a standard steerer:confused:

Seems odd to me
Epic is new for this year, other models are not. Perhaps we'll see upgrades to the SJ's with the next product cycle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts