Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2011 Epic 29er Carbon Comp with the stock SRAM 2x10 setup. Unfortunately I'm experiencing issues with the front derailleur. The majority of the time I shift from small ring to the large ring the chain wants to channel off. I've tried tweaking the X7 derailleur and still no luck ;( One thing I noticed is the front derailleur height on the Epics seems to run higher then normal, not sure what thats all about?

I would appreciate any help!!! thanks

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
They run higher than normal because they are designed for a 39t big ring and Spec. had the brilliant idea of specing a 38t...

It should still work for you though. Just play with limit screws until you get it right.

In other words... this seems like a problem for you and your LBS to sort out, not MTBR...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've adjusted the limit screws, for some reason I just haven't been able to find the sweet spot. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't an issue that anyone else was experiencing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.