Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the el mariachi ti frame, which I understand has a different head tube for 2011. Does this new spec fit a lefty fork? Just considering my options. Also wondering how the crown would affect my stem choice, since I'm 5' 6" and would ride a small size frame. Thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think you'll be fine. My 2010 is a large with actual head tube length under the stated 110mm. If your under 120mm or so you should be fine fitting a Crank Brothers headset in the 137.5mm space the Lefty gives you.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I also was thinking about clearance on the top side of the crown. My stem length likely will be sub-80mm, and I wonder if the handlebar will clear.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer. Although I like the aesthetics of a conventional fork, the lefty would have been an easy way to drop 1.5 lbs off the weight of the build. Ah well.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sachase -verry nice! I guess I won't be able to take advantage of the lefty, though the rest of the setup is almost exactly the way I would want one. Q: RR 2.25 or 2.4 on the front?

·
650b me
1,498 Posts
Lefty on a 2010 El Mariachi Ti?

Forgive the psuedo-hijack, but I'm considering buying a 2010 El Mariachi Ti frame. Will a Lefty fit this frame? Aesthetically, I find the left fork to look odd, but like the OP said, if I can have suspension and save a pound and a half....

sachase: that is one beautiful bike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.