Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon finishing our ride yesterday the sun was hitting the frame just right to alert me to some paint stress cracks. The majority of them are close to the seat tube/top tube intersection but are on other tubes as well. These cracks run from the seat post insert about 5 inches down toward the from der, they run along the top tube from set tube about 7 inched toward the front. There are a couple on the down tube at the head tube intersection and a few more misc ones along the frame.I will get pics when I can but they are a paint issue only at this point. However should I be alerted to this issue . This frame has less than 150 mile of dirt trails on it, no jumps, no crashes, and no other hits, just typical riding. Will call Willie tomorrow and discuss.
Shawn

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks like it is limitied to the clear coat. I had the same issue recently with a different brand of bike, when i pressed in the headset it casued mutplie lines to form in the clearcoat wich is hard and brittle. The Al is not cracked though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.