Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a lot of questions about the Trade-Up Program, it has been such a success that we have decided to extend it into 2011.

Basically what you do is contact me at [email protected] and we send you the program form, you fill it out and we send you a shiny new Strykr or Strykr Pro. Once you've received your new light you send in your complete old system - dead or alive. We give you a $100 credit towards either the Strykr MSRP $298.95 or the Strykr Pro MSRP $345.95, so you'd be paying $198.95 or $245.95 plus $10-$13 in shipping and California tax for California residents.

If you have any questions or would like to trade in your old system drop me an email.

Merry Christmas!

Shannon

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple of guys have asked some good questions:

Question: Does the trade-in light have to have a certain MSRP?
Answer: No, we are not being picky, this is a good time to get rid of that old MS or ____ and let us deal with the smoldering wreckage. (please do not send in any lights that are currently on fire)

Question: Do you need to trade in an old Baja Designs light?
Answer: No we don't discriminate, we love all makes and models of old bike light. The other day we got an awesome old set of Nightsun lights - these will be the eyes of the evil robot I am building...

As you guys come up with questions I will answer them here. Or, you can ask them here and I will respond, that way everyone will benefit from your question. Either way works. We look forward to hearing from you!

Shannon

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have older Princeton Tech light that is toast. I already recycled the battery and charger and cannibalized the cable. All I got is the Light Head, it still smells toasty. Could I get something for that? Thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS everybody.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NCFisherman and Olegbabich, Betweenrides is correct, the various remains of your systems will make a fine offering, I am sure I can use those parts on my evil robot. E-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you the trade-in form. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks for the help Betweenrides.

You guys have a Merry Christmas, if I don't talk to you between now and then!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Shannon,

You've already sent me the form, but I had to wait until after xmas to see about getting a new light. Is the trade up program still Available?

I have an old planet bike alias 15watt light, but the blub has burnt out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's been going on for a couple of months, so I assume Shannon will let us know when it's no longer available. Besides, send it in, even if it's not, since Shannon's the decision maker he'll probably make an exception for you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dbosler said:
Hi Shannon,

You've already sent me the form, but I had to wait until after xmas to see about getting a new light. Is the trade up program still Available?

I have an old planet bike alias 15watt light, but the blub has burnt out.

Thanks!
J_Hopper is correct, the Trade-Up program will be going for a little while longer, it is a great deal and has been quite popular so I have no plans of ending it anytime soon.

Your burnt out Planet Bike light will make a fine addition to the evil robot I am building with the traded-in lights.

Both the Strykr and Strykr Pro are currently in stock, just let me know when you're ready.

Shannon

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you guys are going to the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo and are thinking about trading in your old light, we will be there by Thursday morning prior to the race. If you'd like to try out a Baja Designs Strykr or Strykr Pro you can demo one either Thrusday or Friday night and trade in your old light right there at the race if you'd like, I will bring a bunch of Strykrs/Pros just for that purpose. I am planning on going for a night ride of the course on Thursday night if anybody wants to roll out with me, it's not necessarily a demo ride, I just want to check out the 2011 course.

If you'd like to do the Trade-Up program prior to the race that is fine too. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm ashamed to say, but I've only used my Strykr for commuting, no night MTB rides yet. However, I can say that it has met my expectations, which were probably inflated. It is an outstanding light. With 20-20 hindsight, I would buy the Strykr all over again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Will you have a rental program at the old pueblo

I ask because my current light is about toast but finances will not allow me to purchase a new light at this time even at your great deals cost . I checked out your lights at 12 hrs of Temecula and was empressed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pelon said:
I ask because my current light is about toast but finances will not allow me to purchase a new light at this time even at your great deals cost . I checked out your lights at 12 hrs of Temecula and was empressed.
Hi Pelon,

Strykr and Strykr Pro rentals will be available at the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo for $30. If you want one email me and I will put you on the list. You can write me at [email protected] and we'll get you all set. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jr711 said:
Hey Shannon,

I have a few lights i'm considering trading in. Can i trade in multiple lights towards one Stryker or Stryker Pro?

thanks

jr
Hi JR,

Sure you can trade in one light each towards a Strykr and Strykr Pro, in other words one trade in light per new system. Hopefully that helps. The Strykr and Strykr Pro are in stock right now. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll email the form out to you.

Thanks,

Shannon

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Shannon,

If we are planning on trading up in Tucson should we get on a list or do you think you will have plenty. Assuming the lights are as nice as I read on hear I would like to take advantage of the offer. Also, will you be able to run credit cards or would check/cash be needed.

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AKamp said:
Shannon,

If we are planning on trading up in Tucson should we get on a list or do you think you will have plenty. Assuming the lights are as nice as I read on hear I would like to take advantage of the offer. Also, will you be able to run credit cards or would check/cash be needed.

Thanks

Aaron
Hi Aaron,

It'd probably be a good idea to get on the list so I can set a system or two aside for you. Cash will probably be best out in the desert. Just email me with your full name and whatever type of system (Strykr or Strykr Pro) and I'll have one with your name on it. If you'd like you can take one out for a demo ride Thursday or Friday night to see how you like them. My email is [email protected] or you can reach me after Feb. 16th or during the event at (619)861-5598. Let me know if you have any questions.

See you out there!

Shannon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.