Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Still Using the stock Elixer CR's

• Yup, they're Grrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaatttttttt Tony.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Nope - performance issues/bleeding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope - got tired of all the blue accents

Votes: 1 12.5%

2011 Anthem 29er X1 owners - Who's still using the stock Elixer CR brakes?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ace5high 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking around, I seem to see a number of folks swapped out Elixer brakes, either for performance or bleed issues.

Looking at an 2011 Anthem X1 29er - Do I need to factor in new brakes into my calculations?

Thanks, Tim

#3 ·
Still have them but would like the new XTs just not worth the upgrade dollars at the moment, will be getting my bled very soon they get soft quick compared to my old bike which had the older XTs.

#4 ·
Still riding with my original Elixirs on my 2011 X29-1.

Can't complain too much with they way they stop. However , they do squeal like a banshee whenever they come anywhere near water. I have come to refer to it as my "early warning system", to let those behind me know that I am getting on the brakes.

Funny thing is, it saved me from having a mate crash into the back of my bike last week when I picked up a decent stick that jammed into the drivetain, forcing me to stop quickly on a flat, flowing section of track - for what appeared to him to be NO reason. He didn't see the stick jammed into my cranks; just heard the brake siren and knew I was hard on the anchors.

With regards to new stoppers, Plan B is already organised. I have a new set of Shimano XT's, complete with new Ice Tech rotors waiting in a box, ready to be fitted. Since the Elixirs are currently still stopping ok, thought I would wait until Winter is done and over here in Australia and fit them to the bike in Spring. Something to look forward to.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.