Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard some rumours about a change in spec for the 2011 Altitude 29er and maybe a frame only option too. Apart from the obvious 10 speed, what info is out there?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No info at all?

Just hoping that they get some better (lighter) hubs and maybe other cranks (XT?) along with the obvious 10 speed gearing set up. Would not hurt to drop some weight. Sure they are able to do this with all the experience and input they've gotten after the launch. The fork surely must be tapered too. Ardent 2.4's sure would be a nice OEM-tyre for this bike.

Hope to see some updates on their website soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
simenf said:
No info at all?

Just hoping that they get some better (lighter) hubs and maybe other cranks (XT?) along with the obvious 10 speed gearing set up. Would not hurt to drop some weight. Sure they are able to do this with all the experience and input they've gotten after the launch. The fork surely must be tapered too. Ardent 2.4's sure would be a nice OEM-tyre for this bike.

Hope to see some updates on their website soon.
2011 Altitude 29 SE
Tires are indeed Maxxis Ardennt, crank is XT also, brakes are Formula R1, and fork is Fox RL Fit. Bike is black. Cost is $3999.99 in Canada.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
After 2 beautifully painted Elements (2004 '70, 2007 Tribal) I was considering a 2011 Altitude 29er SE ...

But please count me out. The colors seem to be getting worse by the year! It's a shame, really :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
de lars cuevas said:
After 2 beautifully painted Elements (2004 '70, 2007 Tribal) I was considering a 2011 Altitude 29er SE ...

But please count me out. The colors seem to be getting worse by the year! It's a shame, really :(
Bummer! Who would have guessed that anodized black with a few small yellow accents would be so polarizing?

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
"SE" had me hoping for something special like the '10 Vertex SE or the '10 Element SE.

No offence, but to me it's boring black, and the yellow accents make it look kind of cheap. :(
It's not even close to the awesome paintjobs of the past. And no, i'm not going to say the M word. ;)

But to be honest, it's not just that. It's also the huge gap between L and XL. For my saddle height (around 860mm with 180mm cranks), L is way to small. But a 650mm top tube on the XL... :eek:

The specs look okay though. Any changes on the wheels?

·
chips & bier
1,597 Posts
de lars cuevas said:
It's not even remotely close to the awesome paintjobs of the past. And no, i'm not going to say the M word. ;)
Going of on a tangent here but...

Are we on MTBR the only ones who whine incessantly about this? (I'm just curious...)

·
Registered
306 Posts
de lars cuevas said:
"SE" had me hoping for something special like the '10 Vertex SE or the '10 Element SE.

No offence, but to me it's boring black, and the yellow accents make it look kind of cheap. :(
It's not even remotely close to the awesome paintjobs of the past. And no, i'm not going to say the M word. ;)

But to be honest, it's not just that. It's also the huge gap between L and XL. For my saddle height (around 860mm with 180mm cranks), L is way to small. But a 650mm top tube on the XL... :eek:

The specs look okay though. Any changes on the wheels?
You really need to see this one in person.... This bike looks ANYTHING but cheap... the picture I posted does not do it justice. As for the geometry, that's your call as to what works for your body.

There are way more M's in 2011 than in 2010, but not like the old days. Lots love them, but lots are sick of them. It's a delicate balance to keep everyone happy.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
eric said:
Going of on a tangent here but...

Are we on MTBR the only ones who whine incessantly about this? (I'm just curious...)
It's even worse Eric, nowadays it's just the two of us. :D :D

@ Peteypete: Maybe you're right, and it's looks good in real life. But let's just say this pic did not made me as happy as the first crappy pic i saw of the '07 Tribal. That was instant "gottahave". :D

·
Registered
937 Posts
Like the white frame better than the ano black, but don't like the parts spec as much. Never really been a fan of anodized finishes, and especially flat black ones. If I could get the SE's parts spec on the white frame, I'd be a happy camper.

But, no Race Face? And I really miss the maple leaves.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts