Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure what happened to that first post. Missing text. Anyway, I'll report on this little beauty as soon as I can log some real time on it. This was a bit of a tough buy. PUSH transformed my moto-lite a few years back but I REALLY liked my 575 as was.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Has anything changed on the shock mounting hardware and the way its mounted from 2010 to 2011? Kind of want one of these for my 2010...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Oh, and I really, really, really hope the monarch+ is just a perfect shock for the 575, especially with the push tune. Fingers crossed. I eagerly await your review :thumbsup:

·
Banned
197 Posts
Please report back soon, I've had my eye on one of these for my 08 575...better for the bigger boys from what I am hearing. Thanks, and it looks *****in' If you could get a wide profile shot of the drivetrain side of the whole bike that would be awesome

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr. Nice Guy said:
Please report back soon, I've had my eye on one of these for my 08 575...better for the bigger boys from what I am hearing. Thanks, and it looks *****in' If you could get a wide profile shot of the drivetrain side of the whole bike that would be awesome
I'll get the pic and a ride report tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got a chance to put some miles on the PUSH'd Monarch RC3 today. I weigh 185, PUSH suggests 195 psi and 4.5 clicks from full closed. I did not use the MID setting.

UP: Straight away, I realized the RC3 platform was huge upgrade over the RP23. Definitely more firm at the suggested PSI vs what I settled on with the RP23. 575 feels super efficient and jumps when standing. In the MAX setting, there is a nice amount of give through technical climbs. For me, it's an awesome climbing combo.

DOWN: The first thing that I noticed was that the RC3 doesn't give up it's mid stroke as easily as the RP23. It finds it's position and holds it until convinced otherwise, but without hesitation. It may sound weird, but that's how the thing feels and it's awesome. Major upgrade in high speed corners as well IMO. Everything feels more connected.

The rebound tune is, for me, probably the best part of the PUSH'd RC3 vs the RP23. The back tire simply spends more time on the dirt. Super quiet and composed.

I'll tinker with the settings on the next few rides, but I am sure PUSH came very close if not spot on. Great purchase. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
orthorex,

Great looking bike! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised @ 185lbs rider weight that the tech set you up with 195psi. That bike is what we call a "rider weight" bike, meaning you run in air pressure what you weigh all geared up.

Anyway, maybe your weight is 185 without gear? Either way, make sure after you get a couple more rides on it that you play with the air pressure 5-10psi and the rebound 1-2 clicks in either direction. :thumbsup:

Darren

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PUSHIND said:
orthorex,

Great looking bike! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised @ 185lbs rider weight that the tech set you up with 195psi. That bike is what we call a "rider weight" bike, meaning you run in air pressure what you weigh all geared up.

Anyway, maybe your weight is 185 without gear? Either way, make sure after you get a couple more rides on it that you play with the air pressure 5-10psi and the rebound 1-2 clicks in either direction. :thumbsup:

Darren
Thanks Darren. I should have been more clear. 185 without gear.

And thanks for the amazing customer service.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PUSHIND said:
I'm surprised @ 185lbs rider weight that the tech set you up with 195psi.
Darren
So 190 PSI is ideal. As I was boxing my RP23, I saw the setting's note from PUSH and the suggested PSI was 190. Not sure where I got 195. Your tech nailed it Darren. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.