1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NedwannaB
12,779 Posts
Great for me

Thanks Jeff,

How you like'n the ride with the 650b?
Looking at a specific frame right now actually. :cool:
I'm sure you've done a search, but if you tag onto one of Cracked Headtube or McG's post they should have a link to 650 Palace site and it has a list of different manf model and year that have worked with 650.

·
NedwannaB
12,779 Posts
Been awhile I guess

"Snap".... New warrenty frame so I pulled the trigger on some new parts. New geo is awsome!:thumbsup:
I thought the raw one was the new version w/DW, no?

Anyway I'm still not sure 650's fit in back, 2.1's or otherwise. But if you're curious I believe the IRC 2.1 is the smallest 650 in hieght (i.e. circ/diameter etc), but has bigger side knobs that cut down clearence on chainstays. You can purchase them thru Outside Outfitters I think.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the raw one was the new version w/DW, no?

Anyway I'm still not sure 650's fit in back, 2.1's or otherwise. But if you're curious I believe the IRC 2.1 is the smallest 650 in hieght (i.e. circ/diameter etc), but has bigger side knobs that cut down clearence on chainstays. You can purchase them thru Outside Outfitters I think.
You are right, it was a Raw DW. cracked at the bottom of the seat tube. New one has a better gussett.

·
NedwannaB
12,779 Posts
Cool

You are right, it was a Raw DW. cracked at the bottom of the seat tube. New one has a better gussett.
That's good. Big Lee's cracked there and got a new DW replacement Sultan frame. 120mm travel too I believe. :thumbsup:

So when ever you fly back into town let me know and we can meet up to throw the wheels on yours to check it all out.

JMac

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Sorry I was a bit brief.

Caption from the photo says.

"2011 Turner 5 spot fits 650b no problems. I have been setting this up and threw on 650b wheels from another bike just to confirm that they did not fit. I had heard that the dw 5 spot did not fit 650b, but for the 2011 model that is not the case. The wheels in pics are 2.3 Neomotos on blunt rims. No clearance issues with stays, seatube, or front derailer."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts