Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
banjo plunker, wrench
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received these preview info sheets w/pics of the early release Giant XTC 29er Composite 0 and 1 They are pretty phat! $3500 for the 0, and $2500 for the 1. Expected release date areound the end of April???:thumbsup:



 

·
2010 Glory custom FR
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
I've seen these bikes in the flash in January. Even though I am a DH guy, these are ones of the nicest frame Giant has made recently :)

Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
One of LBS by me has one. Looks like they got it in a couple of days ago. XTC29er 2. X7 drive train, Fox F29 with a price around 2500.
[/URL][/IMG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
I just bought an aluminum XTC 29er 1 because I couldn't wait for a carbon version to get to Atlanta. Most of the season would be gone by the time a shop got one here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
the alloy XTC1 is going for around $2000-2200 in most shops. I wonder what is going to happen to the alloy version when you can get the carbon for $2500? call me crazy but Im still not convinced that carbon is the way to go.
 

·
banjo plunker, wrench
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mrphy said:
the alloy XTC1 is going for around $2000-2200 in most shops. I wonder what is going to happen to the alloy version when you can get the carbon for $2500? call me crazy but Im still not convinced that carbon is the way to go.
Me either...but I sure would like to give one a try!:D

BTW, I had an Alliance on order...but had to settle for an XTC 29er 2...I would have chosen a full carbon if it were available in 2010...I am presently riding an Anthem 29er 3, and it is phenomenal! One of the best mountian bkes I have ridden in my own twenty plus years of mountain biking! The alloy XTC 29er 2 wasn't bad, just my bones and joints aren't what they used to be!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
swaneedawg said:
Me either...but I sure would like to give one a try!:D

BTW, I had an Alliance on order...but had to settle for an XTC 29er 2...I would have chosen a full carbon if it were available in 2010...I am presently riding an Anthem 29er 3, and it is phenomenal! One of the best mountian bkes I have ridden in my own twenty plus years of mountain biking! The alloy XTC 29er 2 wasn't bad, just my bones and joints aren't what they used to be!!!
Was the XTC 29er a harsh ride? I currently ride a fs 29er and was looking at the xtc 29er1 as a second 29er but haven't ridden a hardtail in years (26er) do to rough ride. I've been curious since the 29er technology if something like the xtc 29er is a smoother ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
DTL said:
Was the XTC 29er a harsh ride? I currently ride a fs 29er and was looking at the xtc 29er1 as a second 29er but haven't ridden a hardtail in years (26er) do to rough ride. I've been curious since the 29er technology if something like the xtc 29er is a smoother ride.
It's a hardtail. It feels a bit smoother out of the saddle (if that counts for much) than my previous hardtail, but in the saddle it's a bone-rattler through and through. It goes like stink though.

Perhaps if I ran tubeless tires at a lower pressure (currently 2.1" tires at 30 psig front and rear) it might be softer, but that'd be due to the tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
It's a hardtail. It feels a bit smoother out of the saddle (if that counts for much) than my previous hardtail, but in the saddle it's a bone-rattler through and through. It goes like stink though.

Does that make me I genius or a madman for using a leather suspension saddle on my XTC 29er1?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
To each his own. If it keeps you fresher at the end of the ride you may indeed be faster/having more fun [circle one] and that more than offsets the weight/odd looks/creaky noises [circle one].
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top