Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering both bikes for a burly big bike.

I would run the DT with a Totem up front , does it make sense to you?

I long lusted after an Endo before getting a Turner and a Ventana and now lusting on this new DT.

the website says it can be run at 160 or 180 and the numbers seem correct at 180.
never ridden either bikes but I have demoed a shocker, an endo and Vtach neither of which were my size.

any input on those frames even if an openly unabashed biased nudge for a knolly?:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mr Bling said:
I'm considering both bikes for a burly big bike.

I would run the DT with a Totem up front , does it make sense to you?

I long lusted after an Endo before getting a Turner and a Ventana and now lusting on this new DT.

the website says it can be run at 160 or 180 and the numbers seem correct at 180.
never ridden either bikes but I have demoed a shocker, an endo and Vtach neither of which were my size.

any input on those frames even if an openly unabashed biased nudge for a knolly?:D
I've never ridden an STD, however the DT will be more adjustable as far as head angle goes and also is 135mm rear dropouts vs. 150 on the STD.

Will it ride better?, well I objectively cannot say either wayt. However the new DT will be lighter than an STD frame only at the penalty of less wheel travel, 6.7 vs 7.5.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I've never ridden nor have I seen a STD and I'm going on my 2nd season with my DT so I am most certainly biased. The DT is a fantastic burly big bike. It's strong, incredibly stiff, and now it's lighter making this bike hard to pass up. I started with a 36 on it now I'm on a totem coil and it's a great match for this bike. I felt a bit under-forked with the 36 so the Totem was a real treat. I recommend going full coil and getting the thru-axle in the rear wheel to really bring out the best of this bike. Get the DT and be done with it!

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Never ridden an STD, but I have seen one. I was able to throw a leg over a friend's DT (not a 2010, obviously) and, even though it was sprung for someone about 65 lbs lighter, it still was quite a reasonable bike.

I had ridden that friend's Endo and DT (I ride a GF Cake 2 DLX) and the Endo is definitely a trail/AM machine...similar weight to what I ride, but the package is clearly made to go hard, not go home. The DT felt almost as pedal-able, but the concessions were made to allow it to go hard like no one's business while still pedalling decently. The new frame, at a lb lighter, adds a little more leg while keeping with the BC (go BIG!) roots.

My personal leaning is to the Delirium (do we just call it a D now that the T has been dropped?).

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks it seems as the DT is the way to go indeed.

versatile, yet gravity oriented without a 83mm shell and 150wheel, I mos def will get one through the French importer.

Still undecided as to what size to choose, just email Noel we'll see what he recomends.

Hope it's also available in raw or is that just for the podium would look nice with a galvanized totem.

THX again .

see you didn't even need to push that hard!

·
holymtb
85 Posts
STD is from Cove.

When my son came back with their catalog, my wife got worried. They have a G-spot, Handjob, Hooker... You get the idea.
They make some of Kona's names look downright Disney.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holymtb said:
STD is from Cove.

When my son came back with their catalog, my wife got worried. They have a G-spot, Handjob, Hooker... You get the idea.
They make some of Kona's names look downright Disney.
Yes and my bad for the typo in the title.:madman:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the .pdf catalog shows that raw is available

1 - 11 of 11 Posts