Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the geo etc its basically the same?

Anything different at all (talking about the large). Apart from a different headset- a reducer???

(Its a warranty replacement for a 2010 frame) :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Geo is slacker and lower (67.5 HA)
44MM Head Tube
Burrito
Annodized frame colors with laser etching
Sure? Looking at the stats its 'gained slackness using a different fork height comparison using the 09 v 10 v 11 stat sections

Edit: from memory the figures were 10mm difference in fork length but each 20mm difference in fork height adds a degree slacker? So the 11 frame is a tad slacker. True?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Horacek have followed your bike changes on STW! 2009 spot HA was 69 degrees with 515 AC fork, 2010 was 69 degrees with 525 AC fork, 2011 67.7 with 525 AC fork. All measured with same tyre size, easy to find by googling!
Throw a slacker headset in there if your after a closer geometry to your blur 4x of old! i have both a blur 4x and 2009 spot with Saars headset, love the spot feels nice and slack and corners as well as the blur 4x IMO.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2010 Turner webpage stated the the Spot geo is based on 525 a/c in error. The downloadable catalogue correctly says 515mm (note the text font dont work on a mac). This explains the confusion ;)

--- deanopatoni ---
Ah perfect. Hence my original question and confusion over 09-10-11. It seemed 'on paper' that the 10 and 11 were similar to each other on HA looking at the AC measurements.

It means I don't have to buy a angleset headset for the frame :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofts2007
@Hora, if you don't get on with this one, can I have first dibs on the frame?

Yep 50% of RRP

I'm on for that.....
Turner site, USA; '11 raw spots on at $1895.
$1895 * 50% = $945
$945 / 1.55 = £609!

Let me Know!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.