Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks to me like the frame is cut at the corner of the dropout. Then 4 holes were drilled and tapped on the dropouts for the plate pictured to be bolted on. That would hold the dropout together and looks pretty good from this picture.

Here's a crude drawing...
untitled.JPG

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,329 Posts
If you're planning on snow riding, be aware, the belts make a crap ton of noise once they have some snow on them and in the cogs, and the temps get below say, 20 F. Below 10, it sounds like you're trying to rip the belts nubs off. :eekster:

All will be fine though. Despite the noise, mine has been flawless, once proper tension and alignment were achieved.

Nice work, you do that retro fit yourself? Ballsy, taking a Dremel to a brand new frame!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i borrowed the idea from a guy on here who did it to a 1x1 frame. I actually purchased surly dropouts and filed, dremeled, and drilled them to fit. I am also going to relocate all of my brazons to run underneath for a cleaner look. yeah it was a lil nerve racking voiding a warranty the first day i had it. I also removed all of the canti bosses as well. should have a nice clean look. more to come!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is another shot....i plan on using mks chain tensioners since i will be able to use them on the inside of the dropouts..(alfine hub is 133 OD)... that along with the no turns should fit quite nicely.

Attachments

·
bored ex-shop rat
375 Posts
cozz said:
thats a funny lookinf matt black, ask the powdercoaters for your money back!
But, it looks way more interesting with the black parts, can't wait to see the completed
Pugs :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts