Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My order goes in Monday for the expert. I owned a Santa Cruz Blur LT2, looking forward to giving it a good matchup against the new Stumpjumper. I work at a Specialized Dealer, rode the 08/09 design and was underimpressed and I know all about the 2010 hype and did enjoy my one test ride, but give me descriptions of where you guys ride and what you enjoy about the bike, and dont enjoy. thanks all :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also thinking about ordering a 2010 SJ FSR Expert. Unlike you, I rode a 2008 testbike and was impressed, in fact, so much so, that I asked the dealer if he wanted to sell the testbike. He did, for €2000 it could be mine. I thought it was too much for a (ab)used testbike and decided to wait for the '10 model, which goes for €2999 here in the Netherlands. Now I'm waiting for the weather to improve, so I can plan a test ride on the new model. In the meantime I'm also curious about other people's experiences with this bike.

GQOSE, any idea about the delivery time?

---
Sander

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea as far as delivery times to the Netherlands. The bike isnt available yet in the US, but our dealer site said it should be soon(early January).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pro Carbon

Picking my Stumpjumper Pro Carbon (with full XTR upgrades) on the 22nd. Currently own a 2007 Stumpjumper Pro Carbon. Looking forward to the new ride. Will post my thoughts right after her first ride.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What didn't you like about the 08/09s? I just went from a 07 comp to an 08 expert testbike that was never used and must say after ride three it just keeps getting better. Love it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just curious, but what did you pay for your 08 expert testbike? Local LBS has an 08 SJ Pro testbike new for ~$1900. Not sure if I should jump on it or wait for the 2010s to go on clearance next Fall.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I'm getting the Expert in Austin and they go for $3100. I will say the black looks much better than the silver in person at the shop.

·
Registered
378 Posts
After riding the Pro alloy model at Interbike I fell in love. This bike is very nimble, flickable, and exciting to ride. The plus side of that is you have 140mm of travel to go just about anywhere you want. This bike is great because you can use it for a little XC or AM and do what you want. I enjoyed this bike much more than the Blur LT2 carbon. I work at a LBS and will throw down on the Expert next month. I am waiting to see if Spech will sell me the red/black test bike though. You will not be disappointed with this bike.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you look on the Spech website you will find the Pro Alloy in a frame only. At interbike they had it set up just like the Pro Carbon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
buggyman said:
What didn't you like about the 08/09s? I just went from a 07 comp to an 08 expert testbike that was never used and must say after ride three it just keeps getting better. Love it.
Love my 2007. Took me a little to get her dialed in, but now with the right susp. set up and tires... I love her! As for the 08/09's. Nothing wrong with them just didn't have the funds till now. I'm looking forward to the 2010 and it's longer travel but I'm keep'n the 2007... instead I sold my 2002 Stumjumper Pro Hard Tail

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm waiting for one to come in to my LBS on the 23rd. Ready to buy but in the meantime I've been looking at the Santa Cruz. Glad to hear the positive comments on this bike.

The black is sweet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
neblackb said:
After riding the Pro alloy model at Interbike I fell in love. This bike is very nimble, flickable, and exciting to ride. The plus side of that is you have 140mm of travel to go just about anywhere you want. This bike is great because you can use it for a little XC or AM and do what you want. I enjoyed this bike much more than the Blur LT2 carbon. I work at a LBS and will throw down on the Expert next month. I am waiting to see if Spech will sell me the red/black test bike though. You will not be disappointed with this bike.
what's that you liked the most about the SJ compared to the lt2 carbon. i'm beetwen these two bikes but can't decide. only took a parking lot test ant the b lt2 alloy, and felt way more stiff (which i like) but also heavier. on the other hand the SJ comp felt so light and geometry was like spot on to me. but the vpp reputation and the search for stiffnnes leads me to the blur.
maybe the SJ is stiff enough, what do you think?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts