Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't know if ya'll read my previous post about the new stumpy expert i ordered, but then I changed my mind. My local lbs instead is going to do a build out for me with the 2010 stumy fsr expert frame. I have the roval control el 29 wheelset, with spec captain tire in the rear, and fast trak tire in the front. Full xt drive train, magura marta sl brakes, thomson elite seatpost, spec phenom saddle, and fox 32 F29 RLC FIT 15qr. Spec xc straight bar, and spec stem, Rocca Locking grips. I sure am interested to see what she weighs in at. I wanted the lightest bike I could build without getting into s-works price point. I feel pretty good about it. Let me know if there's something ya'll think I should change, I look forward to ya'lls input. oh and, the lbs said they would have the frame in three days, and the build should be ready by the beginning of next week. that's a lot better than mid February for the stock expert.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
nice looking build....

on a fsr 29er, i would probably run a purgatory or eskar up front.\

i ride a fast trak up front on my 29er ss (and a bonty 29-3 exp rear) and though it is fast....i am not sure i would recommend it for a 4-5" travel 29er fs bike....especially if you ride loose stuff.

i am looking at the fsr 29 as well for a future project....i think i'd run a eskar front and a captian or fast trak rear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just changed my stem from spec to thomson x4, and handlebars from spec flat bar, to easton monkey rise sl. i went with captain in the rear because i'm here in the san diego area, and there are a lot of fire roads, so i thought the captain would offer better traction (at the expense of weight) than the fast trak in the rear. i'm open to suggestions though, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.