Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! been a lurker for awhile, thanks for all the unbeknownst help. I just ordered 2010 stumpjumper expert 29. I changed out a few things though, and would like some confirmation from you guys to see if I did good or not. After reading more bad than good about the the elixer brakes, I went with Magura Marta sl. Also went with xt cranks, xt pedals, thomson elite seatpost, and phenom saddle. I contemplated going with the roval wheelset, but in the end couldn't justify the cost so I stuck with the stock dt swiss. So what do ya'll think? Anything essential I should switch out?

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Nothing really essential to switch out on the bike. Congrats on the purchase, I love mine! Did you buy the XT crank already? The stock crank is actually the previous gen XT. The elixirs on the carbon bike were great, I didnt have any issues with mine, but i did on my 2010 stumpy alloy single speed 29er.

It sounds like you are going to have a solid setup there.....enjoy and welcome!

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Oh sorry, i just saw in your other post you got the FSR, not the hardtail.....give the command post a try on that guy over the thomson!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts