Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some better pics of the new Slope Style, this one is a medium and will be shown at Interbike next week.We have three protos we have been testing with slightly different specs so it could change a bit. We are looking at the fixed drop out as this helps keep the $ price down and it will retail lower than the new Uzzi.Specs are looking like 6 o 6.5" travel with a 8.5 x 2.5 , HA @ 65.5 w/ fox 36, 13.5" bb, 17.1 on CS.This could change a bit.
Again it is basically a mini 951.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
Very Nice Jeff,
Can you elaborate on the build of the swingarm? Is it as stiff as an Uzzi rear? Is it 135mm? 12mm, maxle?

Dre
 

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
Joined
·
884 Posts
Dayum!

Great work Jeff! That is just dead sexy!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Ideas Above My Station...
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
Love the colour, Love the sticker kit, love the shape, just wish i coulda had my 951 in that orange. Dammit!

Still, pretty damn happy with the blue!
 

·
rain rain go away...
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
so far there is no small intense frame that has a support (triangle) for the seat tube. my guess is it will not.... just like the 951. having one looks nicer though. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
peachy-B said:
so far there is no small intense frame that has a support (triangle) for the seat tube. my guess is it will not.... just like the 951. having one looks nicer though. :D
naa, they look better without the triangle :thumbsup:
 

·
fan of maple syrup
Joined
·
1,581 Posts
Appropriate frame colour - that thing's hotter than Swine Flu.

Suggestion - rather than putting the prototypes through the usual rigmarole over there, send one to me in Australia. I'm pretty sure as of last year we're beaten you guys as the fattest nation on Earth. I'll use every ounce of my ungainly mass to push that frame to it's limits - throwing it down the rockiest hills I can find on the worst lines with about as much grace as a turd making spashdown. I'll post a tonne of action shots on every forum out there to get the Intense fans drooling like a dozen drugged out psych patients. Sure I may have a face resembling a kicked-in s**t can, and more hair on my back than the missing link, but it's nothing a full face & body armour can't fix. And besides - everyone will be looking at the frame, not me.

PM me for shipping address.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
nuclear_powered said:
Appropriate frame colour - that thing's hotter than Swine Flu.

Suggestion - rather than putting the prototypes through the usual rigmarole over there, send one to me in Australia. I'm pretty sure as of last year we're beaten you guys as the fattest nation on Earth. I'll use every ounce of my ungainly mass to push that frame to it's limits - throwing it down the rockiest hills I can find on the worst lines with about as much grace as a turd making spashdown. I'll post a tonne of action shots on every forum out there to get the Intense fans drooling like a dozen drugged out psych patients. Sure I may have a face resembling a kicked-in s**t can, and more hair on my back than the missing link, but it's nothing a full face & body armour can't fix. And besides - everyone will be looking at the frame, not me.

PM me for shipping address.
You make a pretty compelling argument. Somebody get this dude a bike. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I'm overly excited about this bike. Slack it to 65 and make the drops replaceable. I'll pay. Love the idea of denying people long seat posts and front dreailluers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,979 Posts
wppjeff said:
I'm overly excited about this bike. Slack it to 65 and make the drops replaceable. I'll pay. Love the idea of denying people long seat posts and front dreailluers!
Great marketing advice... appeal to a smaller group of people. There are other slopestyle bikes out there with front derailers and more seatpost adjustment. If that was a buyer's/rider's deciding factor they would buy another bike. Im just saying it might appeal to more people if it took a derailer and had some seatpost adjustment, especially since its a shorter travel bike.
 
1 - 20 of 150 Posts
Top