Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the German distributors site: www.bikeaction.de

The Vertex RSL 90 looks nice, wouldn't mind one of those as my race bike next year... unfortunately house renos come first.

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
The Tribal Top tube animal looks like a dead buffalo... I like my 2007 Tribal, and the awesome 2009 Tribal better. Black seat stays would've been nicer too imho.

It's nice to see that it's sold as a complete bike this year though. Makes it more affordable than framesets with custom build.

But i'll guess i'll keep saving for that 2011 Element 29'er in classic Maple ;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking that because I could see some red. Stan's rims... very nice. Hopefully the North American site has the 2010's up soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
rockyuphill said:
The Vertex 90 RSL also has a SRAM rear derailleur and Race Face Next cranks and Race King 2.2 Supersonic tires. It might be lighter than the Team RSL.
Yep, it is. And damn sexy in person.

I'm waiting for that Element Carbon 29'er as well....... ;) Just bug RMB PM

·
kabouterclan member
501 Posts
rockyuphill said:
That would be the carbon one? :D
Nah.... Aluminum or scandium will do nicely.

...Tapered headtube, RP23, Postmount, BB30 and direct mount front der. would be nice though. Oh, and clearance for RR2.4 too, for that matter :) .

·
Registered
523 Posts
They're all my "pet builds" ;)

Yep: V90RSL = X.0. matchmaker+ Elixir CR Carbon + Stans + DT 240 RWS

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
RMB-PM said:
They're all my "pet builds" ;)

Yep: V90RSL = X.0. matchmaker+ Elixir CR Carbon + Stans + DT 240 RWS
I'm guessing that some are more "pet build" than others. I'm guessing that the V90RSL is the "now if I were spec'ing a bike that will be sitting in my house" build.

Is the V90RSL the standard carbon or the high modulus carbon frame?

·
Registered
916 Posts
rockyuphill said:
I'm guessing that some are more "pet build" than others. I'm guessing that the V90RSL is the "now if I were spec'ing a bike that will be sitting in my house" build.

Is the V90RSL the standard carbon or the high modulus carbon frame?
Lol the 90 rsl looks like my bike. I think the 90 should be high modulus, it would make sense. A sid is very unexpected.

They finally listened to me lol, they did a vertex team fully built. (problem is that the 90 is king of better for the price)

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Megaclocker said:
Lol the 90 rsl looks like my bike. I think the 90 should be high modulus, it would make sense. A sid is very unexpected.

They finally listened to me lol, they did a vertex team fully built. (problem is that the 90 is king of better for the price)
The Vertex 90 looks like it could cost a few hundred bucks more than the Team. The Race Face cranks are worth more than the XTR cranks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
V50 RSL: Std Mod
V70/90/Team: Hi Mod
Sid = Race

V90 less $$ than Team

1 - 20 of 63 Posts