Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Nomad

I have one that I have been switching in and out on my 09' Nomad.
For what it is, I think the fork is awesome. If you are looking for something super plush though, this is not the fork. The travel adjust works great and the damping is also quite good, although I have been thinking of trying to remove the floodgate to get a bit more small bump compliance, like I said it is defiantly not the best in the small bump department but what the hell when the fork gets up to speed it works great.

If this is going to be your only fork on the Nomad I would think about something else though. I basically use the totem on Gravity oriented days, it is Wicked HEAVY compared to the Lyrik I usually run. I am absolutely not a weight weenie but the extra pound and a half that it adds to the front end of the bike drastically changes the handling characteristics . I like the added AC height to slack the bike out a bit but the weight really makes the bike less flickaable and you lose some of that magic handling that the Nomad has, especially in the air and on the takeoffs of jumps. Not a huge deal, but you do have to adjust your technique quite a bit.

Anyway, my 2cents. If you are purely gravity oriented than it should work great as long as you are not overly concerned with plushness or maneuverability of the Nomad. If I had to have one fork I would stay with the Lyrik or a 36, but it is nice to have both.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the great advice. Might have to look at the Lyric with the long travel option 170-125 with the dh cartridge. The reality is I should just learn how to climb the steeps in the 160 mode so I can go to a Vanilla. But riding cross-country bikes for so many years has me addicted to the Talas right now. Have a great Holiday...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have one on my ransom and I love it. It is a little heavy but the extra stiffness it provides is worth it imho. The 40 mm stanchions will give you the confidence to do anything which may or not be a good thing:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does any one know if new 2step cart is doing well? Any problem reported as old 2steps Lyrics?

I have the chance of fitting a 2010 2Step cart in my Solo Air but I want to be sure it won't screw up after a few miles.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.